Watch ESPN app ( sec network plus issues loading )

dusbelli

I have att U-verse and subscribe to the sec network and sec network plus but recently when trying to access the network on my WatchESPN app it’s saying that I’m not a authorized user and to contact my provider....... of course I did and after being on the phone for 45 minutes they are telling me that everything is ok from a account stand point and that it’s a third party issue that they are working on...... is anyone else having this issue? I have the WatchESPN app on my iPhone.

I have att U-verse and subscribe to the sec network and sec network plus but recently when trying to access the network on my WatchESPN app it’s saying that I’m not a authorized user and to contact my provider....... of course I did and after being on the phone for 45 minutes they are telling me that everything is ok from a account stand point and that it’s a third party issue that they are working on...... is anyone else having this issue? I have the WatchESPN app on my iPhone.

I had the same issue. I watch the streams from my home pc...same thing, not authorized, no matter how I went in. Missed the whole game

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I had the same issue. I watch the streams from my home pc...same thing, not authorized, no matter how I went in. Missed the whole game
Are you able to pull up any replays from old games now? At first I couldn’t pull up sec network plus on the app and after I called U-verse now I can’t even pull up espn, espn u, espn3, acc network etc. it’s a mess!!

nope. replay doesn't work either...gonna force me to subscribe to SECN if my carrier even has it

nope. replay doesn't work either...gonna force me to subscribe to SECN if my carrier even has it
That’s the thing.... I already prescribe to the network and it all of a sudden won’t let me sign in! Do you not log into the network thru a service carrier?

I click a link and it opens ESPN watch to that game...only this game has it not worked. I am leary of the next one

Highly recommend sling. I use it instead of having cable. It’s significsntly cheaper and you can get the sports package that includes all the fringe networks. Eliminated these issues I had, seems it was an xfinity/espn problem specifically.

I had a similar problem when I recently tried Watch ESPN on my home PC. I have Suddenlink, not AT&T, so I contacted them and they talked me through it.
First thing you have to do once you log into Watch ESPN is look near the top right of the page.
Mine says Suddenlink with a down arrow to the right. Yours should say AT&T U-verse (or whatever it is) with a down arrow next to it.
Hover your cursor over the down arrow, or click on it, and you will see SIGN OUT. Click on the SIGN OUT. That's right - you have to sign out of your provider first.
Seems weird that you must sign our of your provider first in order to Watch ESPN, but that's the process.
When the next page comes up, enter what you want to watch in the search box, e.g. Tennessee vs. Gonzaga, if you want to search for something specific.
Or, you can just click on the arrow in the center of the video screen if you want to watch what's there. Right now, it's something about the NBA.
After you do that, a list of providers will pop up: Click on your provider [AT&T U-Verse].
The next screen will say, Log-in to Verify: AT&T U-verse should be in a box to the right side. Click on Continue in that box.
Then the Watch ESPN video screen will pop up again. If you click on the arrow in the middle of the screen, the video will play.
But there will probably be a commercial first.
That's what works for me, anyway. Hope it works for you.

Last edited:
I have had the same issues. I just kept clicking on the game and eventually it streamed it. Took over 9 times once. Even had the issue going through my roku.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
I had a similar problem when I recently tried Watch ESPN on my home PC. I have Suddenlink, not AT&T, so I contacted them and they talked me through it.
First thing you have to do once you log into Watch ESPN is look near the top right of the page.
Mine says Suddenlink with a down arrow to the right. Yours should say AT&T U-verse (or whatever it is) with a down arrow next to it.
Hover your cursor over the down arrow, or click on it, and you will see SIGN OUT. Click on the SIGN OUT. That's right - you have to sign out of your provider first.
Seems weird that you must sign our of your provider first in order to Watch ESPN, but that's the process.
When the next page comes up, enter what you want to watch in the search box, e.g. Tennessee vs. Gonzaga, if you want to search for something specific.
Or, you can just click on the arrow in the center of the video screen if you want to watch what's there. Right now, it's something about the NBA.
After you do that, a list of providers will pop up: Click on your provider [AT&T U-Verse].
The next screen will say, Log-in to Verify: AT&T U-verse should be in a box to the right side. Click on Continue in that box.
Then the Watch ESPN video screen will pop up again. If you click on the arrow in the middle of the screen, the video will play.
thanks I tried that but its not working...... thanks for the suggestion though.

I have had the same issues. I just kept clicking on the game and eventually it streamed it. Took over 9 times once. Even had the issue going through my roku.
Yeah the other day that worked for me..... now it’s saying not authorized and to contact my provider....... hopefully they will fix it but I don’t feel to confident in that

sigh. Do we have to sign back in before we choose a streamcast?

That’s the thing.... I already prescribe to the network and it all of a sudden won’t let me sign in! Do you not log into the network thru a service carrier?

yes...different carriers logo's appear and you pick yours, if available, then log in with email address, and password...for me anyway...

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 508mikey
This issue has been driving me insane because I'm having to be tech support for my mom, her Roku and WatchESPN app. It has not been fun.

Reactions: RollerVol
Haven’t had any issues with my Directv. Glad I made the switch. I can catch games on my mobile.

the gremlin has hit my computer also. Haven't been able to access espn watch for any games at all this season.

I have U- verse and have had the same problem. Because this is a cross service problem, I am of the personal opinion that ESPN is the root of the problem and would like to drive as many customers as possible to purchase directly from them, rather than going through another cable/satellite provider

Jim

I have Dish, and love it. Sorry for y'all. I think this year is going to be special. Hope everyone gets their problems solved early. Let's enjoy this year!!

I have U- verse and have had the same problem. Because this is a cross service problem, I am of the personal opinion that ESPN is the root of the problem and would like to drive as many customers as possible to purchase directly from them, rather than going through another cable/satellite provider

Jim
At first I was just unable to view sec network and sec network plus..... now I can’t watch espn, espn u, espn 3, acc network, longhorn network etc (I have just about every sports channel) I have noticed though if you download the uverse tv app they now have espn 3 and sec network plus (if games r currently on) viewable with other regular channels.

Having same problem. Not sure what to do. Frustrating. Have problem on iPhone and iPad.

Last edited:
Guess fans will just have to start actually going to games now to see them? Damn, :(

Just checked and my app is now working. I’m a u-verse subscriber.

Just checked and my app is now working. I’m a u-verse subscriber.
I have had the same problem....the game against Samford would not load last night..
Repeated attempts always told me to check with my provider (Att&t)
I did click on some other broadcasts and several loaded.
Could it be that ESPN had the game blacked out in some areas??

VN Store

Back