Wasn't there a Karoline Striplin thread before?

lvocd

If there was I can't find it, so now there IS one.

I've been thinking a lot about how I think our incoming freshmen will fare, and the one I'm most excited to see the difference in physique between now and the end of next season is Striplin.

I read a comment from someone a couple weeks ago who mentioned that Karoline will likely be like Tamari in that she'll need a couple of years in the weight room to get strong enough to compete in the SEC. But on that point I disagree. Striplin definitely will need to get into the gym to get college-ball strong, but I can already tell by her build now -- the wide shoulders, and with arms and legs in proportions more conducive to strength-building -- that Karoline could end up being one of the stoutest players we've had in many, many years.

Sometimes players whose limbs are extra long find it a little more challenging to build strength because that puts their arms and legs somewhat out of proportion with their torsos.They often have difficulty building strength in their forearms and hands and, so, opponents often strip them of the ball. But I don't think this will be a problem at all for Striplin because of her more even proportions. If she stays healthy and gets into the gym often on her own, Karoline will be a HOSS for Kellie by the end of next season. The shoulders don't lie! You heard it here first! lol

She is a coaches kid literally! Both of her parents are coaches so they know the importance of strength and conditioning. She is also a multi sport athlete so she is very mobile

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Living in AL you see the obvious TN bias. Article in the paper when she won the AL Miss BB talked all about her skills and in one short sentence buried in the article mentioned she was going to TN. If she were going to AL or AU it would have been in the first 2-3 sentences. I had to laugh. BTW she played HS 2A level out of 7 levels in AL HS sports. Hope that lower competition level does not effect her jump to college.

Living in AL you see the obvious TN bias. Article in the paper when she won the AL Miss BB talked all about her skills and in one short sentence buried in the article mentioned she was going to TN. If she were going to AL or AU it would have been in the first 2-3 sentences. I had to laugh. BTW she played HS 2A level out of 7 levels in AL HS sports. Hope that lower competition level does not effect her jump to college.

She played AAU with the Southern Starz she will be fine

Reactions: VOLPAT and GameTime

VN Store

Back