Wash Post article on memorable Final Fours

VollyParton

Blue Hair
It's probably locked, but for those of you who can read it, it's all great. Four sports writers describe their favorite Final Four. Three, of course, are men's Final Fours, but Sally Jenkins writes about the 2004 women's Final Four with the fabulous Tasha Butts-led Lady Vols. We lost of course, but if you remember it, each game was the height of the emotion you love in sports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ce=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most#comments-wrapper

Who can remember those games? They included the Baylor victory that made Kim Mulkey totally lose her ****.
Who can name all of the players? Remember we should have had Loree Moore at point guard, but she tore her knee at Duke.

I have all those games on vhs somewhere. While I'm stuck at home, I'd sure love to have a vcr lol!

Sorry, Bruised Orange, I'm the fan that needs re-hab, but I'm still pro-Lady Vols :D

It's probably locked, but for those of you who can read it, it's all great. Four sports writers describe their favorite Final Four. Three, of course, are men's Final Fours, but Sally Jenkins writes about the 2004 women's Final Four with the fabulous Tasha Butts-led Lady Vols. We lost of course, but if you remember it, each game was the height of the emotion you love in sports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ce=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most#comments-wrapper

Who can remember those games? They included the Baylor victory that made Kim Mulkey totally lose her ****.
Who can name all of the players? Remember we should have had Loree Moore at point guard, but she tore her knee at Duke.

I have all those games on vhs somewhere. While I'm stuck at home, I'd sure love to have a vcr lol!

Sorry, Bruised Orange, I'm the fan that needs re-hab, but I'm still pro-Lady Vols :D
Was this when Kim was breakdancing?

Pretty sure that was the team that had PG Butts SG Zolman SF Davis PF Ely C Fluker or Robinson?

I don't remember who was on Baylor besides Sofia Young and that big girl that could hit threes. That was a great game. I think it was the one where someone (Butts or Ely) was fouled at the end going for a loose ball, and it was a controversial ending to the game.

I think the first round was against FSU somewhere in Florida. We were all pissed off that we didn't get a better regional. We played Baylor at some point and Tasha was fouled on a last few seconds rebound and sunk the free throws to win the game and kill Kim.
We played LSU and then lost to Con.

ARob got the steal against LSU & Latoya made the basket.
I can't think who else was on the team beyond who you mentioned, tho.
That was a great season. But Sally says in the article that Pat ended up with heart arrythmmia after the LSU game - seriously.

Reactions: Amb3096
I think the first round was against FSU somewhere in Florida. We were all pissed off that we didn't get a better regional. We played Baylor at some point and Tasha was fouled on a last few seconds rebound and sunk the free throws to win the game and kill Kim.
We played LSU and then lost to Con.

ARob got the steal against LSU & Latoya made the basket.
I can't think who else was on the team beyond who you mentioned, tho.
That was a great season. But Sally says in the article that Pat ended up with heart arrythmmia after the LSU game - seriously.

The Baylor game wasn't a rebound. It was a loose ball and both players went for it and collided, and a foul was called on Baylor leading to Butts' FTs. There was an argument that it should have been a no-call, but I recall that Butts had inside position, so the call was warranted.

Other players on that team I remember were Sidney Spencer, Brittany Jackson, Dominique Redding and I think Sybil Dosty might have still been there. Loree Moore was out with the ACL injury, so Butts/Davis took turns running the point, and did a fantastic job...especially since Davis was barely playing until ,the injury. I don't remember the LSU game, strangely enough...

VN Store

Back