WASH OG Nate Kalepo

It was a 54.8 this year.

View attachment 612249
Ah I see

I think I had read something about that 61% on pass blocking at some point.

Pff definitely isn't the be all end all with o-line play

Best to watch film on the guys. I watched every snap Lampley had against Iowa, he never messed up, pancaked a bunch of guys and it was only a grade of 69.

I heard a podcast the other day about the Spring Portal. More times than not those transfers were beaten out and when they transfer to a new school they are so far behind they rarely contribute year 1. They are mostly for depth purposes only. That definitely makes sense. As it was said, there's an exception to every rule but that's the majority of the cases.
Would not doubt that as the history, but I have to wonder if this is not a new day when guys that entered the early portal but not picked up till after the entry closes change the dynamics at the new school with no escape till May. Maybe the new guy got a bigger check. G5 to p5 for exposure anyone?

Also bet if spring shows a serious need, school A can let it be known through legal channels they are in the market and incentivize some targeted entries from upwardly mobile guys, not the discards in May. It is a new world out there. Opportunity and cash could be a big lure if you kept some of your money. There is not yet a business as usual established.

We have been in contact, he’s visiting Ole Miss. Believe we still would love to find a LG who has more than 1 year left as 2025 line is where most of the concern lies. I think with Heard most feel good for 2024.
I hate to say it, but if we NEED the portal to fill holes on the OL in year 5, Elarbee hasn’t done a good job. Especially considering that the hole being discussed is not the result of injuries or portal entries. Right now, to me, it looks like we’d be pretty screwed without the portal. Who would be our projected starters for 2024 if it weren’t for getting Campbell, Karic, and Heard from the portal? It’s be Umarov, Lampley, and Davis and Elarbee would be getting roasted by Vol fans and local media.

Reactions: volinbama256
I hate to say it, but if we NEED the portal to fill holes on the OL in year 5, Elarbee hasn’t done a good job. Especially considering that the hole being discussed is not the result of injuries or portal entries. Right now, to me, it looks like we’d be pretty screwed without the portal. Who would be our projected starters for 2024 if it weren’t for getting Campbell, Karic, and Heard from the portal? It’s be Umarov, Lampley, and Davis and Elarbee would be getting roasted by Vol fans and local media.

Who cares if we’re screwed without the portal? The portal is a thing. We can use it. As long as the OL continues to perform there is no issue.

Who do you think recruited Campbell, Karic, and Heard from the portal?

Who cares if we’re screwed without the portal? The portal is a thing. We can use it. As long as the OL continues to perform there is no issue.

I hear you, but with this mentality I could coach OL for the Vols 😂

First 2 O-line classes weren’t great. Last years was very good.

I heard a podcast the other day about the Spring Portal. More times than not those transfers were beaten out and when they transfer to a new school they are so far behind they rarely contribute year 1. They are mostly for depth purposes only. That definitely makes sense. As it was said, there's an exception to every rule but that's the majority of the cases.
Exactly. Not as big a deal on the defensive side, but this offense.... especially the OL...needs all the time and reps they can get. Spring is huge for anyone being brought in to start on offense.

'21 was all because of Pruitt. Heupels first year was under a cloud with the NCAA who took their sweet time along with our AD with the investigation and ruling. I'll give them a pass for those first 2 classes. Starting with last year's class, they have no excuses. I'm encouraged by having the portal to help during the Nico era, but I'd hope we won't have to play in those waters as deeply in the years to come.

'21 was all because of Pruitt. Heupels first year was under a cloud with the NCAA who took their sweet time along with our AD with the investigation and ruling. I'll give them a pass for those first 2 classes. Starting with last year's class, they have no excuses. I'm encouraged by having the portal to help during the Nico era, but I'd hope we won't have to play in those waters as deeply in the years to come.
This is fair

Seriously thank you. All that matters is we field a good product on Saturdays. Who cares how we get there!

Mentioned in the Z thread that I think we could have the best OL in the SEC as-is, but have to admit that adding Kalepo would make it feel like an all-star team. Anyone know his PFF grade?

Bad. I’ll post soon.

VN Store

Back