Was this the same officiating crew that called the A&M game?

A lot of the contact fans were screaming for fouls on in the game thread were defenders jumping straight up and our guys dribbling into douple teams. Obviously they let some plays go but some games they just swallow the whistle. We we went to a a tougher more physical lineup that could handle it and took the game over.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Whatever officiating crew it was, they stunk. Knecht and others get mugged and no call. Later, they call a touch foul. Either call it close, or let them play and ignore most contact. But for pity's sake, call it consistently.

Asking too much?? Should be a slam dunk.

I don't think I have ever seen a team try to bump the offensive player off the ball and not be called. I think we were in bonus in both halves with 9 mins left. So while they were calling fouls. They missed a ton of calls in the first half. It definitely caused us issues in the first half. I guess if you are MO you do whatever you can to try to derail a team like UT. It did work to rattle our guys in the first half. Although honestly they should have had 3-4 kids foul out had it been called correctly. TN is a physical team and they were being bullied by hard uncalled contact.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't think I have ever seen a team try to bump the offensive player off the ball and not be called. I think we were in bonus in both halves with 9 mins left. So while they were calling fouls. They missed a ton of calls in the first half. It definitely caused us issues in the first half. I guess if you are MO you do whatever you can to try to derail a team like UT. It did work to rattle our guys in the first half. Although honestly they should have had 3-4 kids foul out had it been called correctly. TN is a physical team and they were being bullied by hard uncalled contact.
Do you realize “being bullied” means we were being intimidated by inappropriate physical contact. I didn’t see our team shy away and cower from Mizzou’s style of play.

Do you realize “being bullied” means we were being intimidated by inappropriate physical contact. I didn’t see our team shy away and cower from Mizzou’s style of play.
Yes I 100% do. Their play in the first half caused our guys issues. They were playing in our guys pockets, with hard non called fouls causing poor shot selection. I am not saying that our guys shy'd away from this play. We just did not hit shots we normally hit without the frustration on the non calls.

They also made a very bad call on a Zeigler 3 pointer. Either calling it a 3 pt. shot first then changing it to a 2 pointer, or called it a 2 pointer from the start. The replay clearly showed that both Zeigler's feet were a good 6 to 8 inches behind the line when he released the shot.

Yes I 100% do. Their play in the first half caused our guys issues. They were playing in our guys pockets, with hard non called fouls causing poor shot selection. I am not saying that our guys shy'd away from this play. We just did not hit shots we normally hit without the frustration on the non calls.
By this statement you are saying our typical play was disrupted by their highly physical style of play, not bullied by them. Bullied is a strong word and I don’t ever see anybody bullying Awaka and most of our players.

They did what other teams that we've struggled against have done. They don't sit back and let us make the first move. They get out and guard us 35' from the basket and expose our lack of guys who can break their man down off the dribble. We have one player who can do that, and he's 5'-9".

Even Knecht has trouble breaking his man down when he doesn't get a head start going downhill. Mizzou came out and defended him way out front as soon as he got the ball, and even sent double-teams that far out, at times. A&M did it, too. He was 12-31 in those two games, and only 3-14 from inside the 3-pt line. He struggles against physical play away from the basket just to get going toward the basket, let alone hit a shot around the rim.

All that to say that I didn't see an inordinate amount of uncalled contact that would normally necessitate a foul call. They just defended us the way any team with athletic defenders should do it. You can't sit back and let us get unchecked movement going to the basket before picking us up. It's too late at that point.

Reactions: StrangeVol
Whatever officiating crew it was, they stunk. Knecht and others get mugged and no call. Later, they call a touch foul. Either call it close, or let them play and ignore most contact. But for pity's sake, call it consistently.
I know that's true.. I yelled so hard at the TV last night that I scared my dog, and he's a 100 lb. German Shepherd. He wouldn't come back around until the TV was turned off.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
By this statement you are saying our typical play was disrupted by their highly physical style of play, not bullied by them. Bullied is a strong word and I don’t ever see anybody bullying Awaka and most of our players.
I guarantee if you ask Barnes if they bullied our guards in the first half and he would agree. They did it because they were allowed to with hard contact. As stated our guys did not shy away. Although the lack of calls on the hard contact sure caused us issues. Good Lord , maybe we can argue about the sky being blue next.

VN Store

Back