Was against the hire at first

UTNoFear

But after his short and smug response to Jimmy Hyams question at the start of the question segment of his presser, I think he has read his drivel before and holds the same opinion as most vol fans do, don't go away mad just go away!

I think he'll grow on me, if he ever blows off a question from Hyams after a game and goes next, he will be a legend in my mind. Wonder if he caught the terrible insight jimmy had about the hire?

Not a crue fan but a fitting song and I may have to dive in deeper to the band!

But after his short and smug response to Jimmy Hyams question at the start of the question segment of his presser, I think he has read his drivel before and holds the same opinion as most vol fans do, don't go away mad just go away!

I think he'll grow on me, if he ever blows off a question from Hyams after a game and goes next, he will be a legend in my mind. Wonder if he caught the terrible insight jimmy had about the hire?

giphy (32).gif

4veria.jpg

That entire album is great.

They basically fell apart as a group after that and where never the same even when they reunited--album wise, not concert wise.

Just start with this album and then head over to theater of pain, shout at the devil, too fast for love.

Winning press conferences. Ok. If that's all you need that's great.
Not all by any stretch. But the UT sports media is worthy of contempt much of the time. I've lived in several areas around the country with strong college sports interests. UT's sports media is uniquely antagonistic toward the program it covers. Adams is an extreme but all of them play the "gotcha" and relish in reporting bad news/rumors. I didn't see this surrounding UGA or Bama or Washington. You don't see it around UNC.... even to the point where they're caught red handed. UF's sports media doesn't do it. Even Mizzou's sports media doesn't go into the kinds of feeding frenzies you get from Hyams et al.

One of the things a UT HC has to do is find a way to "handle" the unique media situation.

I have honestly found the best way to handle UT sports media is to COMPLETELY ignore them.
They are wrong most of the time anyway so i agree with you. Jimmy Hymen is a grumpy old douche bag that if you disagree with him he throws a fit on you live on the air. I honestly dont know why he takes calls. I grew up listening to him because my dad listened to him but now my dad cant even stand him.

Reactions: UTNoFear
Winning press conferences. Ok. If that's all you need that's great.

You don't wanna support him or the Vols you can leave with the rest of the fake fans and players. All this negativity it beyond ridiculous and has gotten old fast. Worse that a bunch of blue haired old women $itching about anything and everything. Some miserable people around, hurts my heart seeing so called Vol Fans act this way.

Not all by any stretch. But the UT sports media is worthy of contempt much of the time. I've lived in several areas around the country with strong college sports interests. UT's sports media is uniquely antagonistic toward the program it covers. Adams is an extreme but all of them play the "gotcha" and relish in reporting bad news/rumors. I didn't see this surrounding UGA or Bama or Washington. You don't see it around UNC.... even to the point where they're caught red handed. UF's sports media doesn't do it. Even Mizzou's sports media doesn't go into the kinds of feeding frenzies you get from Hyams et al.

One of the things a UT HC has to do is find a way to "handle" the unique media situation.
Amen.
it makes me sick. I don’t want feel good, Rah, rah stories but as a whole the “UT press” is an enemy to the program from my viewpoint

Reactions: 1967vol
You don't wanna support him or the Vols you can leave with the rest of the fake fans and players. All this negativity it beyond ridiculous and has gotten old fast. Worse that a bunch of blue haired old women $itching about anything and everything. Some miserable people around, hurts my heart seeing so called Vol Fans act this way.
I think I'll stay just because.

Winning is the Answer

I’ll hold off judgment on Heupel until I see the product he puts on the field.

While as a name Heupel wasnt who i wanted and his track record has some glaring holes in it for now ill withhold becuse none of that matters to me. If he can surround himself with the right coaches and focus on being a great leader he has the potential to be a great hire.

So for me.by December of 2023 we will know what we have. Not saying this team will be at its apex by then but trends can be recognized and read after 3 full seasons.

Right now im on board with Heupel..i hope in 44 months i can still say that.

Amen.
it makes me sick. I don’t want feel good, Rah, rah stories but as a whole the “UT press” is an enemy to the program from my viewpoint

I seen a poll of SEC cities that had the Press rated from hardest on their team/coach, to those that softball and cover. Knoxville was rated the hardest hitting on their team. It's been that way for a while with a few good fair and balanced reporters sprinkled in.

Reactions: SuwaneeGAVOL

At you saying Vol fans suck, sure sounds that way....... I understand you have heart ache, but dissing the fans is not the answer.
Look what this fan base has gone through the last 15 years, we are lucky to still have fans

I'm not sold at all UNLESS he brings in a ELITE DC and staff in.
Why would anyone be sold on any SEC coach that didn't bring strong D staff??

I thought we had ELITE D staff and ended up where we are...at least we were told that.

At this point, I'll take ELITE OFFENSE and SEC avg Defense and be tickled pink for a while.

Sidenote: Ratvol liked Catbone's post. See, we really can 'all get along'. :p:D

Sorry, long night.

Reactions: Alto1
At you saying Vol fans suck, sure sounds that way....... I understand you have heart ache, but dissing the fans is not the answer.
Look what this fan base has gone through the last 15 years, we are lucky to still have fans

Not really. what he is saying if you do not think the way he does or support the way he does, you should leave.

Fans have the right to support who they want and how much. We may agree or not but this forum designed for that. Before being told to ignore him, don't worry. I already have!

VN Store

Back