Warlick's 8th season running team (2018-2019)

BreatheUT

Son of Blood and Thunder!
Let that sink in for a minute. She started running the team during the 2011-2012 season because I remember her puzzling starting lineup to start the tournament that year. 5 seniors which included Brianna Bass over Meighan Simmons. They almost lost.

Coach Summit announced she had early onset dementia in August 2011, and Mickie Demoss resigned in April 2012.

Since taking over, the Lady Vols have never made a Final Four.

Team fundamentals have taken a nose dive.

Edited since it was the truth but harsh.

Last edited:
You are correct about the fundamentals shown by the team. The sad part is Holly has not shown any improvement from her first few years as a coach.

Last edited:
I sure hope this forum doesn’t get out on the internet. This could hurt the Lady Vols in recruiting. If the players parents of the players the Lady Vols predominantly recruit see this junk, they will likely steer their kids somewhere else. This will further hurt the program. The same crap can be inferred from your statements as the crap inferred from the Cuonzo petition. You should keep your opinion of the make up of the team to yourself.
Hollys work will do that just fine.

I understand that everyone is upset with Holly. I am also upset with her coaching. What I’m trying to explain is that we should stay away from any talk about make up of teams or staff and race. All the talk can do is hurt the perception of the team and the university. There is no benefit to these types of discussion. This type of discussion could hurt the next coach in recruiting because people believe they are not respected or wanted at Tennessee.

I understand that everyone is upset with Holly. I am also upset with her coaching. What I’m trying to explain is that we should stay away from any talk about make up of teams or staff and race. All the talk can do is hurt the perception of the team and the university. There is no benefit to these types of discussion. This type of discussion could hurt the next coach in recruiting because people believe they are not respected or wanted at Tennessee.
This is true

We should go after the best regardless my point is some are not buying what Warlick is selling.

I don't think what I said will hurt recruiting. It only requires simple research.

Harley Warlick is a disaster of epic proportions. She needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY. Every minute she remains is an indictment on the AD Fulmer. It is a dereliction of duty that she is still the head coach of this tsunami of stink. Holly is destroying this program..to the point it is becoming irreparably damaged. This program has become a horrific disaster. An unmitigated tragedy.

Holly is not going to be fired and she is not going to quit. Holly's problem is she is unwilling to demand the best performance from her players. Evina Westbrook is the only player that is excelling in her position. She is the only player that demands the best of herself. The other players need Holly to demand the best performance from them. I am excluding the injured players from these remarks. Holly can salvage this season if she is willing to accept this leadership responsibility to demand excellence in performance from her players.

You are wasting logic on this bunch of Nega's. They are too entitled and but-hurt to realize the effect of their actions. All this talk just makes the LV fans more of a laughing stock of WBB than they are now. At this point, few, including me, will argue that something needs to be done but it needs to be a considered approach....not a linch mob hanging.

You are wasting logic on this bunch of Nega's. They are too entitled and but-hurt to realize the effect of their actions. All this talk just makes the LV fans more of a laughing stock of WBB than they are now. At this point, few, including me, will argue that something needs to be done but it needs to be a considered approach....not a linch mob hanging.

Like you're one to talk. You already said no man has any business coaching this team because "it's a woman's game".

I know you like to act all righteous and all, but you're behavior is no better than anyone else's.

Harley Warlick is a disaster of epic proportions. She needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY. Every minute she remains is an indictment on the AD Fulmer. It is a dereliction of duty that she is still the head coach of this tsunami of stink. Holly is destroying this program..to the point it is becoming irreparably damaged. This program has become a horrific disaster. An unmitigated tragedy.

"Tsunami of STINK". Had to lol at that one. Perfectly Described too.

Reactions: T.J.
Like you're one to talk. You already said no man has any business coaching this team because "it's a woman's game".

I know you like to act all righteous and all, but you're behavior is no better than anyone else's.

Yea, yea, yea, blah, blah, blah. LIKE YOUR NEGA OPINION MATTERS?

Just for clarification, does your post (few, including me, will argue that something needs to be done) mean that you're among the few who think the LV's are ok as is and don't need an intervention ?
Or, are you among the majority who argue that something must be done ?

Let that sink in for a minute. She started running the team during the 2011-2012 season because I remember her puzzling starting lineup to start the tournament that year. 5 seniors which included Brianna Bass over Meighan Simmons. They almost lost.

Coach Summit announced she had early onset dementia in August 2011, and Mickie Demoss resigned in April 2012.

Since taking over, the Lady Vols have never made a Final Four.

Team fundamentals have taken a nose dive.

Edited since it was the truth but harsh.

One addendum, the LVs did not make a final four in the four years preceding Holly taking the reigns--the so-called baby vol era with Johnson and Stricklen as the star players. They did make several elite 8s and won a conference title but there was a sense that the program had slipped a bit from its lofty heights. As many note about this time frame, CPS may have been compromised by her illness. But, it also seems that this was the period where Baylor (who had Griner), Uconn, and ND started to pull away from the LVs.

On your "harsh truth" I have one word for you, well two:
Arike Ogunbowale

Just for clarification, does your post (few, including me, will argue that something needs to be done) mean that you're among the few who think the LV's are ok as is and don't need an intervention ?
Or, are you among the majority who argue that something must be done ?

I think it has gone on long enough that something needs to be done. I am not convinced that firing anyone is absolutely necessary. I believe the AD will handle the situation as it is his job. I believe there may be more to things that meet the eye. If adjustments need to be made, let the AD make them.

Well that's mysterious! More than meets the eye, adjustments? What can an AD do to a coach who chronically under performs besides fire them? Make them wash his car? Pick up his cleaning? She might get demoted and Bridget Gordon saves the ship?

Well that's mysterious! More than meets the eye, adjustments? What can an AD do to a coach who chronically under performs besides fire them? Make them wash his car? Pick up his cleaning? She might get demoted and Bridget Gordon saves the ship?

giphy.gif

Ha! The polite train left the station 5 years ago. It is what it is now

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back