Warlick says players have changed since she became coach

Amb3096

Jimmy’s blog: Warlick says players have changed since she became head coach | WNML-AF

Completely delusional IMO. Back to blaming players. A whole lot of comments on how the players lack fundamentals and are soft, but nothing about how she hasn't adapted to the changes in the way the game is played.

All these low IQ and unskilled players don't seem to have any problems being coached by Muffet, Geno, Jeff, Tara, Vic and a whole slew of other capable coaches.

Further proof that she lacks self awareness.

the biggest change I've seen recently is when Meme didn't play in the last game...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

Jimmy’s blog: Warlick says players have changed since she became head coach | WNML-AF

Completely delusional IMO. Back to blaming players. A whole lot of comments on how the players lack fundamentals and are soft, but nothing about how she hasn't adapted to the changes in the way the game is played.

All these low IQ and unskilled players don't seem to have any problems being coached by Muffet, Geno, Jeff, Tara, Vic and a whole slew of other capable coaches.

Further proof that she lacks self awareness.

Yeah, that is classic delusion. The players all magically changed the minute she became a head coach, lol! Way to pass the buck Holly!

I have seen Muffet Geno and Tara among others say the same thing the last few years...... and Holly pointing this out is no problem...

but... difference is that Holly has never had control of her players or doesn't want to exert control over them.....

I have seen Muffet Geno and Tara among others say the same thing the last few years...... and Holly pointing this out is no problem...

but... difference is that Holly has never had control of her players or doesn't want to exert control over them.....

The difference is those other coaches overcome adversity, and win.

This quote is BS, “I think if Pat Summit was coaching right now, she’d be turned in for verbal and physical abuse,’’ Warlick said.”

Remarks like that are going to burn through every shred of goodwill she has left. Unnecessary, untrue and people are going to think less of her for saying it.

Holly chooses who to recruit - Cooper Hayes and these "players who lack fundamentals" and don't work on their games.
Why sign them?
If Holly is dug in and Fulmer doesn't care enough to give her the pink slip, she should at least interview prospective players by telling them she wants players willing to work on fundamentals. Player attitude, work habits, and desire to improve are measurable during HS. It seems very unlikely that players like Cooper and Hayes who were dismissed and Diamond left due to the Cooper situation, changed their attitude and behavior so dramatically that they were great recruits and suddenly unfit to be Lady Vols?
The stories about our best 3 point shooter Alexa Middleton leaving for Iowa State for her Sr year are indicative of a coach who is terrible at keeping teams together.
Earlier in this season, Holly bragged about 'great chemistry'! So what happened?

Point guards and 3 point shooters - Middleton, Cooper, Hayes - gone. Great players like Diamond leaving early due to Cooper's dismissal.
Complaints about player fundamentals and lack of work. These are all elements where great coaches understand how to communicate, inspire, and will their charges into being the best they can be. Claiming they don't work or focus -- lack effort - is the worst kind of team killing BS - Player blaming is a sure way to lose them. Holly has no clue how to inspire greatness - but she sure can pass the buck.

Holly recruits these players. She has had 7 years to coach and all she can do is blame the players. That tells me its time for a change at Lady Vols head coach. She has shown she can't coach them. Giove Mathew Mitchell a call.

It's odd that many other teams have these fundamentals.

Holly must be right though.

Do I really need blue font here? hah

This will absolutely blow up in her face and rightly so. These ladies on this team are going to resent her and what recruits would want to play for someone who will do nothing but blame them when it's obvious who the real problem is? Keep talking though, Holly, the day you are terminated (what a great day that will be) is inching closer and closer.

This quote is BS, “I think if Pat Summit was coaching right now, she’d be turned in for verbal and physical abuse,’’ Warlick said.”

In that same interview Holly said she never looks to what outside forces are saying and the only time she knows it's not good is if someone comes to her and says "How you holding up"? or some crap like that, I may be paraphrasing a little. So she's basically covering up her ears and saying "Lalalala, I can't hear you"!
I've also noticed that in press conferences or interviews where she is pressed a bit, she is quick to bring up Coach Summitt's name in a way as to use it as a shield. In the last loss, Warlick said Pat would be proud of their effort. Now, she's talking like even the great legend Coach Summitt wouldn't know how to handle today's players, as if. It's called adjustment Holly, learn it, seriously.

After reading, this wasn’t as bad as some of you guys made it to be! 🙄🙄🙄

Idc what anyone says, this was hilarious because it’s soooooo true!!! 😂😂😂

‘Asked if the players are afraid to take a charge, Warlick said there’s “probably a little fear factor because you’ve got to take a hit.’’

Warlick added: `I’ll say this: We’re good at charging into people.’’ 😂😂😂

Reactions: Bill1987 and T.J.
OMG! When will it ever end? Just once, just one time, could she not take a little responsibility and stop blaming the kids for every single thing that is wrong? And if I wasn’t 100% over her before, I certainly am now with that asinine and to me disrespectful comment about Pat.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back