Ward/Majors after 82 Bama win

A great trip down memory lane. I miss them both.

I'll never forget that day. My Dad moved back home that day after working in Wyoming for two yrs since there were not too many good jobs in S Middle TN in the early eighties. The catch is, he rode back with his best friend who was a Bammer, and they had listened to the game on the radio. It put a damper on there relationship for awhile.

I remember the broadcast well. I was 14 years old and worked at a boarding kennel. It had several buildings but had an intercom with a radio that went to all of them. I was listening to the game at work that day and would sprint between the buildings during commercials so I didn't miss anything. Just yesterday 104.5 in Nashville did a full replay of the game and ha ha here I was again making sure I didn't miss any of the plays. Was surprised that I was so into the replay but loved it.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had two 2 point conversion catches in that game.

It was a great day for all of the Volunteer faithful.

Have a friend to play in that game. Still holds the Vol record for most two point conversions in a single game. Kenny Jones 99. Played a lot of Basketball and Softball with him back in the day. The quickest big man I ever took the field with.

Last edited:
Weren't the goal posts making a trips back and forth on the strip all night?
all night. My then gf called me at 3:00a in my dorm and I could still hear them yelling on the strip

in the weeks after the game, pieces of the goal post began to make their homes to various bars on the strip

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back