War in Ukraine

Move on dude, it's beyond embarrassing that a former president would refer to a nut like Putin as being savvy or a genius in his aggression towards a sovereign nation.

That you'd even think about defending these words suggests that you're as deranged as the man that is uttering them.

See the reply to the same objection from Luther and you two take a minute to understand the argument Bowl is making, and that you're defending. It's not flattering to you.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Hell we just leave millions in military equipment for anyone to have under this admin.

I'd give every country the weapons those guys in Afghanistan got if it meant that our cybersecurity was ironclad and China/Russia could never get information again.

The day we saw an F-35 on a Chinese runway with Chinese markings on it should have made every American sick.

This is going to end soon. Ukraine is just way too outmatched. Putin will probably end up taking more of the countries, former republics, that aren't in NATO.

This will keep him busy and in power for the next decade+, which is really all he's worried about. He doesn't care about the longevity of Russia, or what this means for their present/future. He cares about himself, like all corrupt men in power throughout history. He'll continue living like a king, which is all he's worried about, and this will keep him busy and important until he's old/dead.
I very much think he wants to be remembered as the great restorer of Russian prestige.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
You guys are so sad. Just gross insults with no substance.
Where was the insult? The Jimmy Carter or even the 1992 Bill Clinton Democrat is the minority of the party. Even 2008 Obama Party Platform is no longer valid. But again, tell me where the insult is? That is very deplorable of you to make a comment like with no substance.

Everyone is saying the pre invasion fires by the Russians were underwhelming and has allowed Ukrainian Ground Forces the ability to to keep up stiff conventional resistance.

Maybe they haven’t modernized as great as they were boasting?

Biden probably aabandoned more wepons in the desert than Putin owns.

Reactions: dovervolz
@BowlBrother85
I'm consolidating your posts for reply here since they establish your premise that Trump is sympathetic to Russian aggression and you purposely extrapolate his comments to be supportive of the Ukraine invasion. Add a shout out to my posse @Septic @luthervol

It is strange to hear a former American President praise Putin that way, following an act of Russian military aggression. It was also strange for Trump to side with Putin's denial of Russian culpability in the massive cyber attack against American businesses in December of 2020, which was done over the conclusion reached by his own Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo. There is a pattern here. Trump is sympathetic to Russian aggression. He proves it all the time.

You know damn well that is not an accurate transcript of what Trump can be heard saying in that YouTube video. You conveniently left out the part where Trump described Putin's logic of referring to that portion of the Ukraine as independent "genius." You also left out the part where Trump said :
"I said how smart is that guy?"
and you misquoted the part where Trump said :
"Here's a guy who is very savvy."

Trump is happier than a pig in slop right now. And your post was a lie. You didn't quote it accurately at all.

Trump clearly acknowledged the invasion as wrong by stating Putin would not have done that with him in the WH and terming it a sad state of affairs; it's the only way it can be read. Yet, for the latest in hundreds of your propagandist mutterings, you claim he supports Russian aggression and is happy about the invasion.

Because he states Putin went about this in a smart way.

You're twisted.

Last edited:
You're counting their recent conquests. The entire reason Putin conquered Crimea was for access.
Winner winner chicken dinner. I learned way back in HS geography that Crimea was the only port that had warm water access (we had real teachers back then). This means there is no chance of it freezing over in winter. It also has access to the Med and Atlantic. This means it is their MOST important port and they will never give it up. It's to bad we had idiot obama as president. He didn't realize that Crimea is more important to Russia than Norfolk is to us so he tried to be cute and Putin just took it. The smart path would have been to negotiate a long term lease with Ukraine. Russia gets their port, Ukraine gets paid, we stay out of war. Putin found it so easy to take Crimea the first time that he is back for another bite. Notice that he waited until brain dead Joe got in office.

Of course all of this could have been avoided had Ukraine kept the nukes left behind by the USSR. They were talked into giving them up in return for a promise of protection by the west to protect them. That was when the first Bush was prez. So what is the lesson here about? It's about making deals with dems and rinos. Just say NO.

Lets go Brandon.

You are drawing a false equivalency.

Trump did not praise Putin for his rise up the socio-economic ladder from pauper to state leader. Trump praised Putin for his justification of military aggression against the Ukraine.

An equivalent hypothetical scenario involving Adolf Hitler, would have been if FDR had praised Hitler for his invasion of Poland in 1939 as being a "savvy" maneuver.

Trump's comments were weird. I can't believe that you are defending him on this. You are making a fool of yourself.
Wrong. Trump was talking about how Putin used soft language and redefining his actions, a thing the liberal west does, against them. Because of that language, Biden and the west didn't have a response. Putin outplayed the western leaders by using their stupidity against them.

That is hardly what I would call clear condemnation of this actual invasion.
This isn't a strong condemnation? Saying it NEVER would have happened and would have been unthinkable?

"By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable."

I know you're slow but good lord. Quit lying to yourself man

@BowlBrother85
I'm consolidating your posts for reply here since they establish your premise that Trump is sympathetic to Russian aggression and you purposely extrapolate his comments to be supportive of the Ukraine invasion. Add a shout out to my posse @Septic @luthervol

He clearly acknowledged the invasion as wrong by stating Putin would not have done that with him in the WH and terming it a sad state of affairs; it's the only way it can be read. Yet, for the latest in hundreds of your propagandist mutterings, claim he supports Russian aggression and is happy about the invasion. Because he states Putin went about this in a smart way.

You're twisted.

Truth of the matter is Putin had no success in reading Trump and/or was scared to test him. Putin took Crimea in 2014 under Obama/Biden. Took 4 years off. Then started planning then executing this invasion with Biden/Harris in office. In that regard he was smart. He knew when to be agressive on the world stage.

Reactions: NCFisher
Truth of the matter is Putin had no success in reading Trump and/or was scared to test him. Putin took Crimea in 2014 under Obama/Biden. Took 4 years off. Then started planning then executing this invasion with Biden/Harris in office. In that regard he was smart. He knew when to be agressive on the world stage.
I think Putin didn't want to test it and viewed trump as a wildcard in his response because he didn't care about international opinion of him.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Apparently Ukrainian Su-24 ground attack aircraft were involved in the counterattack at the airport. Balls of steel of these Ukrainian pilots were are going up.
I'm assuming all those russian-paratroopers who took the airport before are probably now pot-roast or POW's.

I'd give every country the weapons those guys in Afghanistan got if it meant that our cybersecurity was ironclad and China/Russia could never get information again.

The day we saw an F-35 on a Chinese runway with Chinese markings on it should have made every American sick.

Actually the day Clinton allowed Loral to sell the CCP ballistic missile guidance systems

Reactions: AM64
With war protests going on, what would happen if Putin taken out? Would Russie get more desperate or stand down? Im thinking that may be the move.
Send in seal team 6 with a group from Ukraine and get it done.

VN Store

Back