War in Ukraine

I've always really liked his insight. He's explains really well why Russia seems unorganized and hapless with their fighting units.

I never realized Russia was so disjointed and basically operates under territorial fiefdoms. It actually explains a lot

Yeah it really is a good theory on why Russia has not been able to make better use of their superior numbers and equipment.

I can’t tell you how dumbfounded I have been every time they bring an armored unit forward without owning the sky and blasting anything suspicious- or bringing infantry forward without armored support. I mean, didn’t any of them just watch the USA in Iraq? It’s very basic textbook SOP I would think.

Yeah it really is a good theory on why Russia has not been able to make better use of their superior numbers and equipment.

I can’t tell you how dumbfounded I have been every time they bring an armored unit forward without owning the sky and blasting anything suspicious- or bringing infantry forward without armored support. I mean, didn’t any of them just watch the USA in Iraq? It’s very basic textbook SOP I would think.
It really is ridiculous. Russia has the resources and firepower to have wiped Ukraine in short order if they had any modicum of strategy or leadership.

It really is ridiculous. Russia has the resources and firepower to have wiped Ukraine in short order if they had any modicum of strategy or leadership.

Yes, it’s hard for me to understand really how a country of such great chess players are so ignorant of the basic building blocks of modern war strategy. This isn’t complicated, not with this great of a disparity in forces.

There is absolutely no reason except abject stupidity that Putin isn’t in Kiev already picking out the curtains for his new governor.

Still, there will be so many who die on both sides before this is done, so many widows, so many homeless.

Ukraine short of skilled troops and munitions as losses, pessimism grow

After a year of war, Kupol, a lieutenant colonel, said his battalion is unrecognizable. Of about 500 soldiers, roughly 100 were killed in action and another 400 wounded, leading to complete turnover. Kupol said he was the sole military professional in the battalion, and he described the struggle of leading a unit composed entirely of inexperienced troops.

“I get 100 new soldiers,” Kupol said. “They don’t give me any time to prepare them. They say, ‘Take them into the battle.’ They just drop everything and run. That’s it. Do you understand why? Because the soldier doesn’t shoot. I ask him why, and he says, ‘I’m afraid of the sound of the shot.’ And for some reason, he has never thrown a grenade. … We need NATO instructors in all our training centers, and our instructors need to be sent over there into the trenches. Because they failed in their task.

I'd say Ukraine's Stinger missiles, S300 AA systems and Javelins had far more to do with stopping Russia than pure incompetence.

Russia has been incapable of projecting any substantial air power much less air superiority or supremacy. They've got a huge advantage number/quality-wise with their air force, but it's been relegated to largely serving as a launch platform for LR missiles targeting civilian targets (agree with stupidity there). This has changed the nature of the war - devolving it to a WWI trench battle.

Reactions: AM64 and BeardedVol
FrPSRzDXsAIPahA

And what have you accomplished in life that even approximates in value his military service?

Probably spending all your time posting on here.

Vindman is a piece of sh1t. Benedict Arnold looks noble compared to that pathetic clown. If you are a decent human you have far outpaced Vindman in life

Reactions: AM64
Ukraine short of skilled troops and munitions as losses, pessimism grow

After a year of war, Kupol, a lieutenant colonel, said his battalion is unrecognizable. Of about 500 soldiers, roughly 100 were killed in action and another 400 wounded, leading to complete turnover. Kupol said he was the sole military professional in the battalion, and he described the struggle of leading a unit composed entirely of inexperienced troops.

“I get 100 new soldiers,” Kupol said. “They don’t give me any time to prepare them. They say, ‘Take them into the battle.’ They just drop everything and run. That’s it. Do you understand why? Because the soldier doesn’t shoot. I ask him why, and he says, ‘I’m afraid of the sound of the shot.’ And for some reason, he has never thrown a grenade. … We need NATO instructors in all our training centers, and our instructors need to be sent over there into the trenches. Because they failed in their task.

Both sides are just throwing their young and old into the meat grinder, each for their own corrupt sausage.

Reactions: StarRaider
Both sides are just throwing their young and old into the meat grinder, each for their own corrupt sausage.
So that doesn’t hold water honestly. Ukraine is fighting for their continued existence. They didn’t ask for this fight and it could end today if the invading assholes withdrew to their own land.

I guess that's one way to look it, but I offer another way. Russia has been stopped in the tracks by hard fighting Ukrainian soldiers back by western training and equipment. BTW most of this equipment was designed to kill Russians in Europe 70's through 90's technology. Look like our boys got it right on the designs with a little help from the taxpayers.

I guess that's one way to look it, but I offer another way. Russia has been stopped in the tracks by hard fighting Ukrainian soldiers back by western training and equipment. BTW most of this equipment was designed to kill Russians in Europe 70's through 90's technology. Look like our boys got it right on the designs with a little help from the taxpayers.

Amazing how bad a take one can have when they bathe in western propaganda.

VN Store

Back