War in Ukraine

Twitter is full of crypto scams rn, and I saw a post from one earlier announcing bit coin had a work around for "russian borders". That worries me a little.

Biden says gas prices and inflation is caused by this war..If correct, dont want to hear no bitchin as our chips and economic livelihoods are in this war, as we currently are peacefully watching on the internet. The longer this goes, the more impacted negatively. Without that $30T Led Zeppelin I would not be as concerned. Of course not even considering the nuclear card.
My hope...there is resolution soon.

The seemingly weakass words of a losing Russian leader. Need help from one of the pro-Russian nuthuggers to explain Putin's public 180.

Putin pre-war:

"...he portrayed the war as a pre-emptive strike against Western aggression and a decisive battle to protect Russia’s rightful imperial hold over Europe’s east.

What follows is a concise annotation of several key passages from his address.

The Case for War
"It is a fact that over the past 30 years we have been patiently trying to come to an agreement with the leading NATO countries regarding the principles of equal and indivisible security in Europe. In response to our proposals, we invariably faced either cynical deception and lies or attempts at pressure and blackmail, while the North Atlantic alliance continued to expand despite our protests and concerns."

Mr. Putin framed his decision to invade Ukraine as a last-ditch effort to halt the West’s hostile expansion ever closer to Russia’s borders.
Since the end of the Cold War, a number of countries in Eastern Europe have chosen to join NATO, making them military allies of Moscow’s former adversaries in the West. In 2008, Washington pushed NATO to announce that it might one day consider membership for Ukraine, though Western leaders have insisted ever since that they see little prospect of this coming about any time soon.
Especially in recent weeks, Mr. Putin has called NATO’s expansion a plot to destroy Russia.

Putin now:

"...But Putin put on an unconcerned air when speaking to reporters in the Turkmenistan capital of Ashgabat yesterday.

'There is nothing that could bother us about Sweden and Finland joining NATO,' he said. 'If Finland and Sweden wish to, they can join. That's up to them. They can join whatever they want.'

I really am beginning to think russia's whole war plan is to terrorize a population into submission. They are incompetent at anything else:
The island has always been a difficult place for Russia to hold, says Justin Bronk from the Royal United Services Institute defence think tank.
He says Ukraine has been conducting more technically innovative attacks with fast jets, successfully destroying Russian systems on the island.
In turn, he says, Russia has been forced to continually ship in new systems which have been attacked on the way in.
"With a lack of cover and given how small Snake Island is in terms of ability to conceal things, it is just an untenable military position for them to try and hold now," he says. -BBC

Reactions: USF grad in TN
“There is nothing that could bother us about Sweden and Finland joining NATO. If they want to join, please. Only we must clearly and precisely understand — while there was no threat before, in the case of military contingents and military infrastructure being deployed there, we will have to respond symmetrically and raise the same threats in those territories from where threats have arisen for us,” Putin said at a news conference following the Caspian Summit in Turkmenistan on Wednesday. - CNN

signs of Putler back tracking.

VN Store

Back