Walz Declines to Comment

Did I just hear them say during the McD game that Jeff said he will not be taking the Tennessee job...?

I suppose he could be having second thoughts after likely having now faced an extremely hurt and disappointed roster of his own players.

Did I just hear them say during the McD game that Jeff said he will not be taking the Tennessee job...?

Yes you did (while Jordan Horston was going off on the rest of the ballers)... The commentator said they were just told Jeff Walz said he is the coach of Louisville. Now that may be just to save face right now for his team however the commentator did say she won’t be coached by Walz at TN 😳

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Yes you did (while Jordan Horston was going off on the rest of the ballers)... The commentator said they were just told Jeff Walz said he is the coach of Louisville. Now that may be just to save face right now for his team however the commentator did say she won’t be coached by Walz at TN 😳
Ugh, I hope that's just coach talk. He could do a lot with this roster 😬

There is $710,000 for Holly's buyout...Walz will make 1.5 million from Louisville.....it's going to take 2.5 to 3 million for this to get done because there is a high buyout for Walz. That's a mountain for any program and the women's program loses money as it is ? I don't know about this deal. If it gets done...wow...that's a strain....I would think a young up and comer makes more sense...but I am not an AD, so what do I know !

Well, Tennessee has Alumni/Donors right?.......Fulmer should start a fundraising campaign with a target goal of 12 million dollars to cover the cost of Warlick/Walz' buyout plus a new multi-year contract for Walz'

I was listening to Basilio, today. Take this however you want because I know a lot of people do not like Basilio, and I have no idea were he is getting his info. He said Walz really, really wants this job. He has told people with our program he could make a UConn type run. Basilio, also, said he has children from a previous marriage that live in Charlotte, and moving to Knoxville would make him so much closer to them. He even said their is talk that he would take less money initially (I don't know that I believe that or any of this.)

Just thought I would share those rumors.
I like the ideal of him conning to Tennessee and making a UConn type run. Bring it on.

Wasn’t this set up by the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame where the proceeds go to funding Alzheimer research
I don’t know but it’s a slap in Pat’s face. There are many other ways to raise money for Alzheimer’s. Vol fans would donate to keep us from playing UConn and giving geno the satisfaction.

I don’t know but it’s a slap in Pat’s face. There are many other ways to raise money for Alzheimer’s. Vol fans would donate to keep us from playing UConn and giving geno the satisfaction.

I also think Pat’s foundation was a part of getting this going too if i can remember correctly . I’m not disagreeing I think a lot of people were talked to on both side and both sides agreed.

I heard that too, he didn’t say “I’ll be coaching at Louisville next season” just that he presently is their coach. They still have games to play and he has young women to coach. I suspect he’s the front runner, maybe even the new coach already, but he’s certainly not going to come right out and say it while they’re still in the tournament. This has been messy timing. I’m sure Fulmer hoped he could wait until the tournament was done but the players really forced his hand. Pretty obvious that if he didn’t make a move they were making moves.

Prediction: UT makes Walz the highest paid women's college basketball coach of all time.

1-16 vs UConn makes him worth 2.6M yr? Geno's contract increases to 2.7M next year and 2.8M the last year. The full contract is available on the internet.

I heard that too, he didn’t say “I’ll be coaching at Louisville next season” just that he presently is their coach. They still have games to play and he has young women to coach. I suspect he’s the front runner, maybe even the new coach already, but he’s certainly not going to come right out and say it while they’re still in the tournament. This has been messy timing. I’m sure Fulmer hoped he could wait until the tournament was done but the players really forced his hand. Pretty obvious that if he didn’t make a move they were making moves.
If I’m a Louisville fan, he’s not saying what I want to hear. We’d have some hysterical threads based on his non-denial statements.

If I’m a Louisville fan, he’s not saying what I want to hear. We’d have some hysterical threads based on his non-denial statements.

Lol yes, he’s definitely not saying no. He’s also having a realllly hard time not smiling in some of those interviews.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back