Voxx's Pleasant Airline Experience Thread

My wife is flying on Delta to Oregon later this month and her flights have changed about 10 times. Crazy!

My daughter is getting on a flight at St Pete/Clearwater airport heading to Columbus Ohio on Allegiant Airlines.
She just sent me this text.

While in the line this feisty little older woman was asking all the rednecks to please put their masks on. They all got angry and said some stupid sh!t about mind your own biz and it’s not real. She was like “I’m a physician so I know a lot more than you. And whether I’m right or wrong, it’s the law!”
Hope it doesn’t get any more dramatic than that though once we’re in the air 😬

My daughter is getting on a flight at St Pete/Clearwater airport heading to Columbus Ohio on Allegiant Airlines.

While in the line this feisty little older woman was asking all the rednecks to please put their masks on. They all got angry and said some stupid sh!t about mind your own biz and it’s not real. She was like “I’m a physician so I know a lot more than you. And whether I’m right or wrong, it’s the law!”
They will put you off the plane if you refuse to wear a mask - it’s an FAA mandate

Reactions: MAD

I dropped my friend off at St Pete/Clearwater airport on Friday night for a trip to Nashville on Allegiant Airlines.
She called me minutes later and asked me to turn back because her flight had been canceled.
She was rebooked in a 6:00 AM flight this morning but did not go because my mom had died yesterday.
Allegiant refunded her the full cost of her flight PLUS gave her a $150.00 voucher because of the Friday cancellation.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
I dropped my friend off at St Pete/Clearwater airport on Friday night for a trip to Nashville on Allegiant Airlines.
She called me minutes later and asked me to turn back because her flight had been canceled.
She was rebooked in a 6:00 AM flight this morning but did not go because my mom had died yesterday.
Allegiant refunded her the full cost of her flight PLUS gave her a $150.00 voucher because of the Friday cancellation.
So sorry to hear about your mom, can’t imagine what this feels like for you.

I booked a trip to Paris a few months ago on AA. BNA-PHL-CDG. Total travel time about 12 hours. AA decided to cancel the flight to Paris. Our new flights are BNA-LGD-JFK-CDG. So instead of leaving Nashville at 2pm we leave at 7a.m. Collect bags at LGA and catch a cab to JFK. Check in at JFK with bags, and fly that evening to CDG. 7 hour layover in NYC. Arrive in Paris at 7a.m.
Suck egg mule. Except for safety flying was better 50 years ago.

Thank you.
I go back and forth from numb to sad. She was not in good health for quite some time.
She drove me absolutely crazy but I loved her dearly.
That last line was beautiful and heartwarming. I’m sure you will be going back and forth for awhile with all kinds of emotions. Keep us posted how you’re doing.

I booked a trip to Paris a few months ago on AA. BNA-PHL-CDG. Total travel time about 12 hours. AA decided to cancel the flight to Paris. Our new flights are BNA-LGD-JFK-CDG. So instead of leaving Nashville at 2pm we leave at 7a.m. Collect bags at LGA and catch a cab to JFK. Check in at JFK with bags, and fly that evening to CDG. 7 hour layover in NYC. Arrive in Paris at 7a.m.
Suck egg mule. Except for safety flying was better 50 years ago.
Get on the phone to AA and start demanding compensation

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Get on the phone to AA and start demanding compensation
Ha, Ha
I'm using miles, and I m really surprised I have a flight. People are having flights changed by AA and they are charging the difference if it is a more expensive flight. They have cancelled an unbelievable number of flights.
Our trip is really to Paris and London. We are going to take the train to London(1hr, 20m) then fly home from LHR on United, also miles. Covid is going crazy in England, and England might shut down tourism. If that happens Ill redeposit miles and buy pay tickets. Ouch! We'll try to fly premium economy, and right now its unlikely we'll be able to get seats together.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back