Vote for the GOAT

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Vote for Catchings!! Advanced stats say she is better statistically than DT. Not only is she a beast, she makes those who lay with her beasts as well.

Both players are WNBA superstars and they are probably the top 2 choices for GOAT. They are different type of players at a different position.
Career stat wise DT averaged 19.5ppg/4.3apg/4.0rpg. She won 3 WNBA Championships and 5 scoring titles. Taurasi is the all time WNBA scoring leader. TC averaged 16.1ppg/3.3apg/7.3rpg. She won 1 WNBA Championship. Both players were 10 time all stars. She ranks 3rd in the NBA in scoring.

Both players are WNBA superstars and they are probably the top 2 choices for GOAT. They are different type of players at a different position.
Career stat wise DT averaged 19.5ppg/4.3apg/4.0rpg. She won 3 WNBA Championships and 5 scoring titles. Taurasi is the all time WNBA scoring leader. TC averaged 16.1ppg/3.3apg/7.3rpg. She won 1 WNBA Championship. Both players were 10 time all stars. She ranks 3rd in the NBA in scoring.

Catchings was also a 5x defensive player of the year

now I love DT, ( I am not a UConn fan whatsoever) it is hard to not love what she has done and stands for. However, DT has always been buoyed by stars to superstars when she has won. Catchings has made all the players around her outperform what could be expected of them.

If one was to look at success on star laden teams, than Cynthia Cooper is the obvious choice for greatest. In seasons where Cooper was healthy to play in the post season, a total of 4, she won 4 titles. That’s 100% of seasons when healthy that she made the playoffs and ultimately won the playoffs.

now I love DT, ( I am not a UConn fan whatsoever) it is hard to not love what she has done and stands for. However, DT has always been buoyed by stars to superstars when she has won. Catchings has made all the players around her outperform what could be expected of them.

If one was to look at success on star laden teams, than Cynthia Cooper is the obvious choice for greatest. In seasons where Cooper was healthy to play in the post season, a total of 4, she won 4 titles. That’s 100% of seasons when healthy that she made the playoffs and ultimately won the playoffs.

I have said this time and time again. Cooper often gets overlooked as one of the greats because she played with Swoopes and Thompson. But if you look at being a 4 times final MVP and the fact swoopes was out due to pregnancy you always knew that was coppers team.

Now, I don't love DT, but your description of her is just not accurate. In the 2003-04 season,
name one other player on that roster who even approached being a "star" ? My memory is not what it use to be but, as far as I can remember, there weren't any.

Reactions: StorrsCentral
Now, I don't love DT, but your description of her is just not accurate. In the 2003-04 season,
name one other player on that roster who even approached being a "star" ? My memory is not what it use to be but, as far as I can remember, there weren't any.

Except for DT, there were not any stars on the 03 team or the 04 team. There was no way UConn should have won the NC either year, but DT dedicated her season to making the team better which included two freshmen by the names of Barbara Turner and Ann Strother. The older LV fans will remember that Geno publicly, including on TV, said that "We have Diana and you don't". That was pretty arrogant and put alot of pressure on DT, but she came through and UConn won both years over Tennessee. BUT, I acknowledge that Tennessee had the best team by far, and without DT they would not have made it to the Final Four, period.

DT is the one I would vote for, but in lieu of her, I would vote for Catchings. This young lady played hard, played smart, and played fair. Even during the Rivalry, it was hard not to respect the talents of this player. She stood out as the best LV of all time in my opinion ( even though I know it my opinion doesn't mean much). Her play, despite her disability, was an inspiration for the entire basketball world . I was happy to see her inducted into the HOF, an honor she truly deserves.

VN Store

Back