Volunteer State Community College

Metro Nashville is Defined as the Metropolitan Government of Davidson County. Nothing more. Other areas around Nashville such as Franklin, Gallatin, Lebanon, Murfreesboro, etc are not part of Metro Nashville per the definition. The are governed by other municipal forms of government

Exactly there is no city government or county government in Davidson County as they are one and the same under Metro. I was a kid and Metro was sold to the county folks that they would get better services like city water and sewer and fire as well as police. It was sold to the city types that they're taxes would be lowered as more would be under the tax base. It was sold to everybody as no need for duplicate services like city/county fire, police, admin, etc etc etc. The REAL reason was Nashville city limits was on the path to become predominantly black and the county predominantly white. This would have been a predominantly black mayor and city council for as long as the eye could see, think Memphis. So Nashville city and Davidson county became one and the same under Metro Nashville and whites remain the largest voting bloc by race to this very day.

Living on the Plantation? I‘’m across the cove.

I remember when lots in Foxland were going for 25k and you could buy 4 at a time all together. Obviously this was in 2010 after the crash but man I was dumb for not gobbling this up. I am guessing lots are 150k or more for .3 acres now based on home prices.

On a side note, you think they could build anymore damn apartments on Greenlea between Johnny cash and vets?

Doesn’t help a bit for property tax revenue and is flooding the schools.

I remember when lots in Foxland were going for 25k and you could buy 4 at a time all together. Obviously this was in 2010 after the crash but man I was dumb for not gobbling this up. I am guessing lots are 150k or more for .3 acres now based on home prices.

On a side note, you think they could build anymore damn apartments on Greenlea between Johnny cash and vets?

Doesn’t help a bit for property tax revenue and is flooding the schools.

There is a new complex on Douglas bend behind Foxland market they are about to break ground on.

Uh...Vol State has baseball and basketball, to name two, at the main campus in Nashville. The satellite campuses, such as in Cookeville, will not.

maybe UT could raid their intramural teams....yeah, that's the ticket!

There is a new complex on Douglas bend behind Foxland market they are about to break ground on.

Today was career day at Vol State for SCMS.

Just made me think of this thread.

Oh, and thanks for the great news.

I remember when this was still the country and vets didn’t even exist. I miss those days.

Without all the lottery money being pumped into schools that are having trouble producing real results I doubt Tennessee would have half of the state community colleges they currently have. You can’t make the kids stay in school and graduate a two year school but I’d imagine tax payers would really be more involved if more money was coming from their pockets.

Cali has a great juco system for football. Especially in and around LA. Their juco system is just great overall even for regular folks. Capped cheap tuition and automatic transfer into Cal college system. Lots of kids cannot get into UCLA but go to El Camino or Santa Monica College and transfer in for their junior year.

I took a couple of classes at El Camino in the 90's. It ain't UT, but a pretty impressive JUCO.

VN Store

Back