Vols & Your Other Half

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Are you with someone who….

Participates in your love for the Big Orange together?
Does their own thing and let’s you enjoy the game?
Roots for a different team?
Tries to schedule brunch or chores etc making it difficult to watch the game or makes you feel guilty?

* Doesn’t have to be the Vols if you support another team, same questions apply.

McMom supports my volcoholism. She watches games with and will cheer for the Vols as long as it isn't against her team, LSU.
She will make special stuff for the games. And, unlike some wives, she frequently wants to attend the games and not just watch on tv.

McMom supports my volcoholism. She watches games with and will cheer for the Vols as long as it isn't against her team, LSU.
She will make special stuff for the games. And, unlike some wives, she frequently wants to attend the games and not just watch on tv.
You got a keeper 👍

Reactions: McDad
She’s a UT grad, so she pulls for them, but if it wasn’t for me watching the games she wouldn’t keep up with them much other than what she sees others saying on Facebook. I’m blessed in that she’s very understanding during UT football and basketball season and lets me have the living room tv when a game is on and deals with my yelling and jumping up and down at the tv. She doesn’t like big crowds, so she doesn’t enjoy going to the games, so we usually watch from home.

My wife doesn't watch UT games on TV with me but we have gone to some bowl games together. She is happy when we win and only asks me to keep my language clean around our daughters.

My ex on the other hand was in the last category - always made me feel guilty. Maybe this was a symptom of our other problems but marrying her was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life.

Wife supports Vols FB but is very casual. When they suck (which has been the majority of our relationship) she tunes out. But she will get into a close game against big opponents and enjoys going to games.

NFL she will get into a playoff game (Colts/Denver with Manning, now Titans) but could care less about the regular season. Same for college basketball during Tourney time.

Few years ago she kinda got into World Cup and she generally enjoys the Olympics.

That’s about it.

Mrs. tbh hails from Colombia originally, however she has embraced the Big Orange (along with American College Football). That said, she was not a big sports fan (futbol, fooseball, futsal, or otherwise) until I took her to some Vols games and a few ice hockey games. She enjoys the live games and stadium atmosphere over watching on TV.

My wife doesn't watch UT games on TV with me but we have gone to some bowl games together. She is happy when we win and only asks me to keep my language clean around our daughters.

My ex on the other hand was in the last category - always made me feel guilty. Maybe this was a symptom of our other problems but marrying her was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life.

‘Sounds like you went from a horrible situation to a wonderful one.

Reactions: OldandStillaVol
My wife is a southern Illinois native, so she supports the area teams (SIU Salukis, Illinois, STL Cardinals and Blues). She says she likes Bama and Florida, usually with the goal of getting under my skin. Secretly, I think she wants the Vols to win, for no other reason than it keeps me in a good frame of mind.

My wife is a southern Illinois native, so she supports the area teams (SIU Salukis, Illinois, STL Cardinals and Blues). She says she likes Bama and Florida, usually with the goal of getting under my skin. Secretly, I think she wants the Vols to win, for no other reason than it keeps me in a good frame of mind.
🤣😂🤣

My wife likes football, but not the Vols. She isn't nice about when you eat something greasy (ever). So if she's not around I'd probably be eating nachos during the game, but if she's around, I am going to miss out. But I am much healthier and better looking as a result.

My wife grew up as a GA Tech fan and was conditioned to hate the SEC. She still claims Tech as her only team but TN is certainly her favorite SEC team (she pretty much despises all of the others - especially the dawgs) She fully supports my TN fanaticism and has been to many games. We got married in '91 so she witnessed the last great period.
We went to the '94 Gator Bowl and the '95 Citrus Bowl with friends and stayed at their condo in New Smyrna Beach. We did a New Year's Eve midnight plunge in the ocean both years. My first daughter was born Sep of '95 and my second daughter was born Sep of '96. (Do the math - This after a few years of unsuccessful trying) I credit the TN bowl games as the difference maker, she credits the ocean plunge. All 3 of my kids rank TN as their favorite team in college football and GA Tech as their second. (and my 2 oldest even graduated from Tech)

Last edited:
Me and my wife met at UT, but she doesn’t really care about UT sports at all. Our first year dating she thought I was joking when I said I would be unavailable on Saturdays and Sunday’s in the fall, but she’s learned now just to ask when the game is and leave me to it.

She probably cares about the Preds more than anything else sports related, her family are huge Preds fans.

Mrs Wireless has learned to love the Vol’s, attends all the home games with me ( starts talking about leaving in the third quarter for the ho him games)
Today kept me up to date with signees

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back