• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Vols vs BYU on ESPNU right now

JG didn't finish drives in that game nor did the offense as a whole. The play with A. Taylor giving up a bomb was criminal. The score was on the offense, the loss was on A Taylor.

Reactions: 08Vol
Well, I didn't watch. Found another outlet with a good book.

Attachments

• Karl Childers.jpg
    Karl Childers.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: FLVOL_79
Curious as to the redzone stats for JG ?? The JG Fan Club immediately point out the one defensive play at the end of regulation and scream the defense lost the game but fail to recognize his ineptitude in the red zone, or even across midfield. TN should have had 30 or more points easy in this game. Defense played well enough to win
Good question. I bet they aren't good. I'm not even going to look though. As soon as I start looking at his stats I remember he was "the number 1 dual threat QB in the country" when recruited and how his entire recruitment was UT being sold a bill of goods.

Last edited:
I was at this game and remember as time was ticking down telling my buddy surely there's no way they can screw this up all the while knowing deep down in the pit of my stomach something was going to happen. The very next play was the long pass play that put them in field goal range.

I went to two games last year. Took both of my sons to their first game in Neyland which happened to be the Georgia State game. After that game I'm sure I probably told my wife I wouldn't go back to a game for a while. Somehow I got talked into going seven days later.

JG didn't finish drives in that game nor did the offense as a whole. The play with A. Taylor giving up a bomb was criminal. The score was on the offense, the loss was on A Taylor.

You could boil the game down to two plays, BYU has a guy running wide open and their QB hits him for the big gain and the FG attempt that ties the game and sends it to OT. Just a bit earlier Palmer is running wide open for what would have been the game sealing TD and JG overthrows him, not just a little, but so badly Palmer can't even make a play on the ball and the nearest defender is 5 yards behind him. Even the best DB's blow coverages sometimes, you have to take advantage when they do. BYU did, we did not. Stats are for losers, winners make plays when it counts most.

I got a few cows sleeping in a field laying in their own crap I’m watching right now... and I don’t really think that game would change my view all that much.

So I’ll have to pass.

VN Store

Back