Vols up to #9 in USA Today coaches poll

Nice to get the attention but rankings at this time of the year are pretty meaningless. Beating Florida (finally) was pivotal but this isn’t a great Florida squad. Frankly I haven’t seen many great teams this year except perhaps Georgia and even they played flat yesterday and sloppy with a lot of turnovers. We have a chance against the big boys (Georgia and Bama) but need to continue to improve and stay relatively healthy.

Our offensive scheme is going to be a problem for anyone so long as we keep Hooker upright. If I were tasked to defend UT’s offense I would never blitz because Hooker is too dangerous with his legs, rush only 4 and play zone behind it to diminish the explosive plays. Kinda force us to be patient.

Soooo... if you look to the far right of the poll you will see a column for highest rank and lowest rank. There is actually a coach out there that didn't rank UT in the top 25. I guess somebody doesn't like us LMAO.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Nice to get the attention but rankings at this time of the year are pretty meaningless. Beating Florida (finally) was pivotal but this isn’t a great Florida squad. Frankly I haven’t seen many great teams this year except perhaps Georgia and even they played flat yesterday and sloppy with a lot of turnovers. We have a chance against the big boys (Georgia and Bama) but need to continue to improve and stay relatively healthy.

Our offensive scheme is going to be a problem for anyone so long as we keep Hooker upright. If I were tasked to defend UT’s offense I would never blitz because Hooker is too dangerous with his legs, rush only 4 and play zone behind it to diminish the explosive plays. Kinda force us to be patient.
Learn to take some enjoyment in things

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Soooo... if you look to the far right of the poll you will see a column for highest rank and lowest rank. There is actually a coach out there that didn't rank UT in the top 25. I guess somebody doesn't like us LMAO.
I thought the same but that actually represents our hi/lo season ranking. It's hidden in the notes below the poll

Thanks for the advice. I don’t need it and am very happy in my life. Being 4-0 is great as I noted but results are measured at the end of the year. I doubt our coaching staff are going to let this squad enjoy this longer than one day. You are welcome to enjoy it longer. They have a lot of work to do, need to continue to improve and show maturity and that can can manage some success. Because they could easily lose the next 4 out of 5 games if they don’t improve and think they have accomplished anything after 1 win against Florida.

Some of these people are walking dead. Really. If their life is that damned terrible, then they need to get the hell off of docial media and get a job. Build themselves up in the world and come back happier. Sheesh. We just whipped Florida's ass and you'd think we damn lost.....

Reactions: Jeff Clark

VN Store

Back