Vols Toe the Line

I don't hear the same speculation every year. Some of it is repeated, yeah. Not alot of it though. Either way, it may or may not be true. That is why it is speculation. I guess we are into the "let's just scrap the upcoming season" period of the offseason.

That's why Ainge threw two INTs and had two intentional grounding penalties. Ainge was running for his life the entire game. That's why we ran the ball so much in the second half, because Ainge was in legitimate danger.

i guess i need to go back and watch the game again then. i have a bad memory.

But yeah, even though the 2 ints weren't pressure, they still had 2 sacks, 5 QHs, and held Ainge to 17-32 passing for 183 yards.

the score was a little deceiving looking back. one of those scores was the taylor to coker trick play.

We had an pick 6 called back for a ticky tack penalty. They had a punt return TD stopped by tripping. All of their TDs were on a horrible hybrid man/zone coverage in the redzone. Plenty of crap in that game. It could have been a 2 TD win for either side or a 1 point win for either side.

went back and watched the lsu game and I had completely forgotten about russell's fumble that was called dead. That makes me sick. :yuck:

We had an pick 6 called back for a ticky tack penalty. They had a punt return TD stopped by tripping. All of their TDs were on a horrible hybrid man/zone coverage in the redzone. Plenty of crap in that game. It could have been a 2 TD win for either side or a 1 point win for either side.

Those TD passes to Baker on the right side were awful. Antwan Stewart was the only man in the vicinity and there were three Gators over there just waiting for Leak to loft it to them.

I know. Whoever called that coveraged must've been retarded because they did it every time. You could see it was half zone and half man it was too easy to pick apart.

But yeah, even though the 2 ints weren't pressure, they still had 2 sacks, 5 QHs, and held Ainge to 17-32 passing for 183 yards.
Wow, that's all?

The sacks and the intentional groundings contributed heavily to the -11 rushing yards. Not that 15 or 20 rushing yards would look that much better...

What I'm saying is that a grounding is a loss of down at the spot of the foul. They may give the player pressuring the QB credit for a sack. The sacks and the intentional groundings could be the same plays. We also had many carries where we lost yards or had no gain.

UTSports credits him with 4 attempts with 1 gain and 28 lost for a net of -27. Sacks would be negative as would intentional grounding so I don't know how he could have 2 int groundings and 2 sacks with only 3 negative rushing attempts. The sacks and groundings must be the same with 2 scramble attempts.

I know about the loss of downs and all that, just wasn't sure about... well, I'm not sure.

But the point was Ainge's total (or lack thereof as it was) rushing yards was a big factor in the team being in the hole... as opposed to just under (+)20 rushing yards.

I know about the loss of downs and all that, just wasn't sure about... well, I'm not sure.

But the point was Ainge's total (or lack thereof as it was) rushing yards was a big factor in the team being in the hole... as opposed to just under (+)20 rushing yards.

Excluding Ainge's rushing yardage, we had a stellar effort of 18 rushes for 16 yards.

VN Store

Back