Vols' Sunday Game Against Oregon State Cancelled

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Winter weather conditions at Lindsey Nelson Stadium have forced the cancellation of Sunday's baseball game between Tennessee and Oregon State.

More...

Discuss. :)

Im happy with the results over the weekend. We played a good team to open the season. Threw alot of pitchers to find out who is good enough to play on the weekends. With Polk coming back and a few changes in the line up, the hitting will be fine. The bullpen looked like sh** on Saturday. Going into the season the bullpen was the worry of the team.

Might be a blessing in disguise. Now we'll add a small conference school to the schedule to make up for this game. Didn't want to see the bullpen again today.

Went down to the stadium, and the field looked GREAT...no snow, infield was covered/grated so it was pristine. I'm not sure why the game was cancelled. Would have been a huge series for the Vols to win, and I wish we would have played it today.

Maybe I'm greedy.:unsure:

Who was going to be the starting pitcher today? Any chance Ty'Relle Harris moves to a weekend starter or best if he works out of the bullpen on the weekends?

Went down to the stadium, and the field looked GREAT...no snow, infield was covered/grated so it was pristine. I'm not sure why the game was cancelled. Would have been a huge series for the Vols to win, and I wish we would have played it today.

Maybe I'm greedy.:unsure:

Don't get greedy. An opening split against a good non-con like OSU is a good start to the season.

Who was going to be the starting pitcher today? Any chance Ty'Relle Harris moves to a weekend starter or best if he works out of the bullpen on the weekends?

Stephen McCray, Jr was scheduled to be the starter today.

Don't get greedy. An opening split against a good non-con like OSU is a good start to the season.

Sure a split is nice, but watching baseball in mid-February is pretty sweet. I was looking forward to today's game for a week. Just my luck :)

Might be a blessing in disguise. Now we'll add a small conference school to the schedule to make up for this game. Didn't want to see the bullpen again today.

I haven't taken a close look at the schedule this year, but they may not add one at all. Usually teams schedule more than what they are allowed, assuming that there will be cancellations for weather. I know that in years past they have added a game because of cancellations, on the other side I remember once (or twice) where they had to cancel a game to stay at the NCAA limit for games played.

Is it a 56 game regular season? If it is, we'll add a game because we play 35 at home and 21 on the road. We've lost 1 of those 35, so if it's a 56 game season, we WILL add a game.

There was some good stuff out of the bullpen this weekend,lets not be over critical, it was not all bad, Hernandez,Harris,Morgado and the freshman Locante Did well, the kid came in for situational pitching did very well..I know we will see alot of good stuff out of him and several other freshman. some of the other pitchers struggled..yes, but just because they struggle one day does not mean they suck..its just pitching...lets have faith and see how this all plays out. Have faith my volnation family.

most teams started their season with weak teams Ole Miss and Liberty Auburn and Elon I think OSU is ranked 25 so all in all this team did ok ...they will be fine and get better and better.

VN Store

Back