Vols Spring Practice #7

Late October during Kentucky game. Shoulders can be tricky.

Researchers from the American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI) in Birmingham, Alabama reviewed the charts of 60 NFL players who had undergone either arthroscopic or open stabilization at their institution. They looked at the rate of return to play, the length of time between surgery and return to an NFL game, and factors that might have impacted successful return.

Of the 60 NFL players who underwent shoulder stabilization at ASMI, 49 of them had arthroscopic labral repair, while 11 needed an open repair and capsular shift procedure.

Time missed after shoulder surgery

90% of the players (54 of the 60) successfully returned to play in a regular season NFL game after shoulder stabilization. Among the players who did return to play, the average time between surgery and the first game played was 8.6 months. None of the 60 athletes returned to play in the same season in which he underwent surgery. Most of the athletes who had surgery in the offseason returned in time to play at the start of the following season

The like is for the education…don’t like the news at all at least for Seldon. 9 months to return to play is tough. The shoulder joint is really complicated and I guess it takes a while to rebuild the muscle.

The like is for the education…don’t like the news at all at least for Seldon. 9 months to return to play is tough. The shoulder joint is really complicated and I guess it takes a while to rebuild the muscle.
What news?

What news?
Willis’ info that the typical shoulder surgery takes a player out for 9 months, which was news to me. I get your point that we don’t know specifics and everyone is different, but it seems unlikely Seldon will be back for fall camp which was my hope.

Willis’ info that the typical shoulder surgery takes a player out for 9 months, which was news to me. I get your point that we don’t know specifics and everyone is different, but it seems unlikely Seldon will be back for fall camp which was my hope.
So, in other words, we don't know. Got it.

Yes we do. He won’t be available for this season. We will need to pick up another RB in the portal.
This time’s a thousand..
Unload the damn Brink’s truck on Ollie Gordon, Omarion Hampton, Tahj Brooks, Ashton Jeanty, or Jayden Ott on April 16th.
If Cam is out, make one of those rb’s an offer they can’t refuse.
I know Boise, or Cal ain’t gonna match it.

It’s almost unfair the riches we have at WR right now. And we have a QB that can consistently get them the ball. Should be a fun thing to watch this fall
While I love your enthusiasm, and root for you to not just be right, rather insanely correct, that remains to be seen. Beyond the Albino Chipmunk, we are returning an underachieving Thornton Jr., an injured McCoy, an as yet unproven Webb, and a host of basically promising but inexperienced freshmen and other unused/under used WRs. I love my Vols too, but sometimes orange lens distort reality. Least that's what the dog told me. And Phantom usually nose what he's talking about.

While I love your enthusiasm, and root for you to not just be right, rather insanely correct, that remains to be seen. Beyond the Albino Chipmunk, we are returning an underachieving Thornton Jr., an injured McCoy, an as yet unproven Webb, and a host of basically promising but inexperienced freshmen and other unused/under used WRs. I love my Vols too, but sometimes orange lens distort reality. Least that's what the dog told me. And Phantom usually nose what he's talking about.
This upcoming season will definitely be entertaining/interesting. But as per your comment it will be the growth of this season’s WRs that will make 2025 the year we see if the program has made the jump the the highest level or not.

It’s almost unfair the riches we have at WR right now. And we have a QB that can consistently get them the ball. Should be a fun thing to watch this fall
I said this last year during preseason and they turned out to be the worst performing group on the team. I like the potential, but I’m taking a wait and see approach this time

Seldon really needs to get healthy.

Keith is a guy that will get better and better with every rep. He'll continue to shape his body, his skill set. He'll get faster and get used to be being the #2 guy..

Seldon really needed to be healthy this spring.
We need all 3 of the guys of course.
But and add Peyton to the room come summer and we'll have options for sure.
Bishop is one hell of a running back. Please don't sleep on the local kid

Seldon really needs to get healthy.

Keith is a guy that will get better and better with every rep. He'll continue to shape his body, his skill set. He'll get faster and get used to be being the #2 guy..

Seldon really needed to be healthy this spring.
We need all 3 of the guys of course.
But and add Peyton to the room come summer and we'll have options for sure.
I still think Tennessee will look to add a portal RB if they think he can play. With Seldon missing the first 1/3 of the season (plus development), Lewis better be ready to play and Keith/Bishop better give the staff confidence that they can play too. 4 RBs is not ideal when 3 of them haven’t played meaningful snaps (2 haven’t played any).

Thornton Jr was starting to play good and then he got hurt. He will be great.

Reactions: TAF
Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back