Vols ranked preseason No. 26 by Athlon

We could be a top 15 team with good QB play, if the QB play's well we can go 9 and 3 if not then 6 or 7 wins. it's that simple, with no spring HB will not be ready till at least mid year, if JG would just run the play instead of thinking to much he could be a decent QB, seems like he is at his best in the no huddle offense, he doesn''t have time to out think himself.

Reactions: tbh and 08Vol
Not worried about ranking it takes care of itself. But one thing with some teams ranked ahead of us it's not about roster as it is schedule and conference they are connected.

That’s top 15 after 3 weeks if we were to upset OU. How long has it been since that kind of matchup with UF?

Totally lost on Nebraska. Potential? They have a #40 Roster. We shall see; but they got blasted every week in 2019.

I actually was looking at the 2019 rankings before I realized....but yeah, agree, they have no business being even close to a top 25 team.

I was thinking about what games we need to win vs loose to shut some rival fans up, but at this point we need to go undefeated to shut that down. lol I can't make up my mind.

Reactions: chrismc1000
Thoughts? Do you believe Tennessee should be ranked in the top 25?

Meh. My thought is time wasted worrying about pre season polls is time you never get back. 21 spots however from one year to the next, so the prognosticators last year weren't that accurate.

Last edited:
Not until they prove themselves. Are teams in lower top 25 do believe TN could beat. Think TN will be ranked after bowl after they beat some crappy big 10 team.

VN Store

Back