Vols ranked lower than 4 of their final 7 opponents.

Same every year for Kentucky. The win 6 in a row then barely get a bowl game. Missouri I'm not worried about. Beat A&M and we are on track for 10 -2, 11 -1.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Vols ranked lower than 4 of their final 7 opponents.​

Tough schedule. Even MO is rated higher.

Tennessee is not deserving of any respect until they demonstrate the ability to win on the road vs a quality opponent.

They choked against a marginal Florida team.

I know it's a small thing, "they" instead of "we". It's just a bit of grammar, right?

But it is also very revealing. It gives away the mindset of the person saying it.

I don't trust fans who don't identify with their team. If you don't feel like you're part of us, why should we feel like you're part of us? You know?

I acknowledge it's possible to be a fan of a team without identifying as part of the group. People do it. Just a sad thing to see.

And on top of that, it's the #1 way for trolls to betray themselves.

Yes, we are ranked lower -- at the moment -- than 4 of our 7 final opponents. But if others don't fix that before we get to them, we can. Heh.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
I know it's a small thing, "they" instead of "we". It's just a bit of grammar, right?

But it is also very revealing. It gives away the mindset of the person saying it.

I don't trust fans who don't identify with their team. If you don't feel like you're part of us, why should we feel like you're part of us? You know?

I acknowledge it's possible to be a fan of a team without identifying as part of the group. People do it. Just a sad thing to see.

Yes, WE are ranked lower -- at the moment -- than 4 of OUR 7 final opponents. But if others don't fix that before we get to them, we can. Heh.

Go Vols!
And I consider ANYONE who says "We"...like they are an actual playing/performing member of a college football Team, from their couches and easy chairs...rather...comical.

Similar to someone who never served...wearing a "military style jacket" from some "designer"...

Last edited:
Bama and UGA were pretty mediocre when Peyton was here
Doesn't matter. When it comes to the media voting for whatever, they will use whatever to ding Tennessee. Iirc, a few of the media tried there damdest to justify leaving Tennessee out of the Fiesta Bowl because we had close games with Syracuse and Arkansas in '98.

I'm not an "ESPN hates us", or a "We're cursed" guy, we're just not "media darlings" and, although it took some time, I've learned to live with it.

GO
BIG
ORANGE!

Reactions: Carp

Yes, WE are ranked lower -- at the moment -- than 4 of OUR 7 final opponents. But if others don't fix that before we get to them, we can. Heh.

Go Vols!
And that doesn't EVEN get into "We'uns"!

To get respect, you have to earn respect. Just win and all of that will take care of itself. Look Michigan up there with that weak A$$ schedule!!
Well, let's be honest here. Our schedule, to date, has been pretty soft. aTm will be the first legit opponent we've played so far this season. SCjr and UF are both bad teams.Starting next Saturday we'll find out exactly who and what we are. We're gonna need learn how to win on the road to reach the lofty expectations on this board. I still think this is closer to a 7-5 roster than 9-3.

Go Vols!
But “their” post is accurate. “We” haven’t proven much on the field thus far. That weak performance in the swamp was a big ol drink of shut-up juice.

But “their” post is accurate. “We” haven’t proven much on the field thus far. That weak performance in the swamp was a big ol drink of shut-up juice.
"ole", not "ol" Just being a technical bastard.
Agree with your post though. Losing McCoy might be a problem.

We won last week and still dropped a spot, even with a solid performance is both sides of the ball.

I think it’s best that this team fly under the radar, anyhow.

Win, and the polls will take care of themselves.

Reactions: Vol1976
It’s good to be the dog. Plenty of motivation for the VOLS. Just win and things take care of themselves.

Instead of ratings I’d be more concerned with point spreads. Ratings are a joke.

Seems like home teams have an added advantage this year. MO beating LSU. Awful officiating with bad calls going both ways. Just let the announcers make the calls or flip a coin or keep the flag in your pocket.

VN Store

Back