Vols Ranked 4th -- get with it ... Putnam County

Herd immunity is a voluntary choice not a necessity. You can open your economy and still do business if everyone would protect themselves and others by wearing masks and social distancing until there is a vaccine.

And if there is no vaccine?

Herd immunity is a voluntary choice not a necessity...

This, I believe, is an unfortunate conclusion. Herd immunity is an absolute requirement for survival of the species. Or maybe you live next to a forest of American elm trees, where disease-free Tasmanian Devils playfully romp...

Putnam County was hit pretty hard with tornadoes 2 months ago, so I'm sure there are people that are living in temporary arrangements where they may be grouped together.

You gotta take things like that into consideration.

And why would anyone really think that the shutdown was a long-term solution?
  1. the virus has not disappeared, taken a vacation or left our shores.
  2. It is, like the flu, highly contagious.
  3. Fortunately, it's morbidity is pretty low overall according to what I've read so far; it is slightly above the normal flu strains we see. It is not like we are dealing with the bubonic plague or cholera.
We get out of this by establishing herd immunity. Either through a vaccine, hopefully, or the virus completes its run through the population. I may get it and die. I may have already had it. Nature, God or both, if you will, provided us with immune systems. This is what the immune system is all about. We cannot stay shutdown forever, that is just dying by a slower method.

That's it. Buckle up. We're in for a ride, but I'm going to face it with my boots on.
How did we ever survive H1N1???

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back