Vols Ranked 28th, 1st time since 2008.

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball 3m

JUST ANNOUNCED: The #Vols enter the @CBNewspaper Top 30 at No. 28 after starting the 2014 season 7-0. First ranking since the 2008 season.

Reactions: 1 person
@govols247: Serrano: Best thing about this team going forward is that we know 80-85% of it will be back next season.

This is exciting. I've already watched more baseball games streaming over UTSports.com this season than I have in a long time.

Reactions: 3 people
Before we get too excited, does Dave Serrano have barbecues at his home and do we know where his dream job is?

Awesome. Serrano has done an outstanding job in a short time building the foundation and stacking bricks for what I think will be many years of success to come. He's got it done at two different places before coming to UT just like Butch did. I've gotta feeling we'll be seeing similar results and excitement as Butch's 3rd season on the football field begins in the Fall of 15.

Find the right coach to lead UT baseball.....check.
Find the right coach to lead UT football......check.

We already know who the right coach is for UT basketball. Now if we can just get Bruce back to lead that program we'll be set.

Think about how much of a difference there is between Dooley and Butch, Raleigh and Serrano, and Zo and Bruce. Night and day! It's not even close. We're one coach away from being in the top 3-4 teams every year in all three of the biggest men's sports over the next decade or so. Plus, imo, the best thing about Serrano, Butch, and Bruce is they all love UT, they understand what each program is capable of, they understand our history and traditions, and they want to be here for a long time.

Volnation is about to be heard from again very soon. Go Baseball Vols! Boom

Reactions: 2 people
They are playing extremely well. Hopefully we can pass the other 8 SEC schools ahead of us. D'OH!

Reactions: 2 people
Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG · 7m
Definitely. That was an outstanding series win. RT @kryan247: @KendallRogersPG Any consideration given to @Vol_Baseball after sweep of UNLV?

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt · 59m
Lot of teams w/ strong starts outside Top 25: Kentucky, Ole Miss, Houston, Mercer, FAU, TxTech, CofC, Tenn, USC. It's early—cream will rise.

From BA's Chat today...Normally Fitt handles the duties, but he's stuck in Miami, so JM filled in.

Sean (Texas): Coach Serrano has a young Vols team off to one of the best starts in TN history coming off of a sweep of UNLV this weekend. How do you see them stacking up in the SEC?

John Manuel: We didn’t have Tennessee as a regional team, but sweeping UNLV certainly helps their case for getting off a theoretical bubble. The talent level for the Vols is up significantly in the last couple of seasons, now coach Serrano is getting that team to figure out how to win. I don’t expect a 40-win season or anything like that but breaking even in SEC play would help get the Vols a regional bid, which would represent a huge step forward. The SEC East has 2 obvious powerhouses in South Carolina & Vandy, with Florida likely next, but Georgia is rebuilding, Mizzou to an extent, Kentucky looks good … just no getting around it, Tennessee will have to grow up quick to get to .500 in the SEC, but I think it can.

And from PG's Chat with Rogers...

Comment From Richard
What sleepers have emerged that weren't on your radar?

Rogers: How about Tennessee? I really thought the Vols would be better this season, as Dave Serrano is an excellent coach. However, if you would've told me the Vols would mop the floor with UNLV, a very solid club, I would've laughed before the season. Outstanding series win for the Vols, and kudos to Serrano and Inc.

Last edited:
Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 24m
The 7-0 #Vols enter the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper rankings at #28 in the nation. Instagram

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 3m
Coming up at 8:40 live from @calhouns On The River will be #Vols ace Andrew Lee. Tune into @SportsAnimal99 on 99.1 FM or AM 990!

VN Store

Back