Vols Practice on ESPN?

I agree over all it looked good. I'd attribute those early dropped passes as media coverage jitters, you know they players had all their friends and family watching and it was on their mind. I’m glad they had a chance to get it out of their system during a practice.

I missed it :banghead:

It was on at freakin 9

And there's no way to get ESPNU around here.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Corey is definately a weapon that will have an impact on the game. He will be huge in short yardage if the line can give some push

the scrimmage this weekend. Will it be 1st team vs 1st team at all? Wondering how our o line looks against a great d line.

same for the d backs. will they run against the starting wide receivers?

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 17, 2005 1:31 PM
I missed it :banghead:

It was on at freakin 9

And there's no way to get ESPNU around here.

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
[snapback]127473[/snapback]​

I know how you feel milo. It came on at 11:00 here and I forgot to tape it.

I feel left out.

:cry:

I can't believe nobody has commented on the last play. Was that Anderson going up top? 2 fullback set? And, holy crap! We should suit up Trooper with a vertical like that!!! He should be careful: it would be embarassing to have a coach blow out a knee!

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 17, 2005 11:40 PM
I can't believe nobody has commented on the last play.  Was that Anderson going up top? 
[snapback]127649[/snapback]​

I did comment on that. Try to pay attention. :shades:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 17, 2005 10:41 PM
I did comment on that.  Try to pay attention. :shades:
[snapback]127650[/snapback]​

Easy cowgirl. That was two pages ago. :eek:lol:

My bad. But, you know what? It deserves a re-mention, agreed? Maybe a stupid question, but how often do we put 2 FB's in behind the QB?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Aug 17, 2005 11:44 PM
Easy cowgirl.  That was two pages ago.  :eek:lol:

My bad.  But, you know what?  It deserves a re-mention, agreed?  Maybe a stupid question, but how often do we put 2 FB's in behind the QB?
[snapback]127652[/snapback]​

Actually, I'm glad you brought it back up. I didn't realize that it was a 2 FB set. See, I learned something.

Nobody on the defensive side looked too interested in getting involved with Cory did they?

By the way, I think that you can go into board settings and fix how many posts you see a page. I'm still on one.... :p

For those of you that missed it and get ESPNU.....here is the info...

"Later airings of Wednesday's practice session on ESPNU (available on DirecTV) are: today at 8 p.m. and 11:45 p.m.; Friday at 1:30 a.m., 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.; Wednesday at midnight and Aug. 25 at 2 p.m."

Ill give my :twocents: . I was pretty pleased, as someone else posted we wasnt going to see the play book wide open.

Everyone looked sharp heading into saturday eve's scrimmage.
Rick is a QB, thank goodness! Him trying to dunk on the goal post made my day. Showed me he's having a blast!
Ainge was on the money, his release is about as quick as anyones or better.

Brit looked like he was getting some leg into the ball,decent hangtime!

The starters will get a 60% to 40% reps saturday, I think out of this we'll see who's ready to step up into the spotlight.

We show a 2 FB set and D's will load the middle, Not that it may even slow the C-130. But i see anything in that set going over top and around the end. They load up the middle Anderson breaks right or left? Maybe a draw or fake over the middle and Anderson swings out?

I see him getting carries, and when #45 is in they have to respect that.
Decoy and threat. :tease2:

Originally posted by GvHm6@Aug 17, 2005 12:46 PM
Actually the coverage was surprisingly positive. There were compliments about the players and coaching staff.

I thought Ainge really looked good on those last goal line drills. That's not to say that Clausen was bad.
It looked like a draw offense vs defense. yes the O scored, but the D stuffed'em a couple times and got a sack.

That was good, I taped the last half. i didn't know it was on until about 15minutes in...
[snapback]127459[/snapback]​

None of the guys doing the practice for ESPN have been involved with negative UT press.

It's the guys who are prime-time who give us all the grief. Along with their website as well.

Not everyone at ESPN dislikes us. Most of the old-hands do though.

VN Store

Back