Vols practice #6

All I keep thinking is that our QB's will get killed and our defenses will get torched. Regardless, Go Vols....

Reactions: Catbone
Yep. Wouldn't surprise me if we see guys like Len'Neth Whitehead and Dee Beckwith get some practice reps at LB in case of an emergency. Whitehead played some LB in high school and Beckwith has the athletic ability. Tee Hodge could also probably make a tackle if he needed to.

CPF used to turn a lot of Safeties into LBs. They were quick (Raynoch Thompson or Leonard Little might have been prior safety, can't remember for sure).

All I keep thinking is that our QB's will get killed and our defenses will get torched. Regardless, Go Vols....

That was happening when our the previous incompetent coaching staff was (apparently) paying players. Why expect anything different now?

But, I am with you in saying, "Regardless, Go Vols . . . "

It's just going to be yet another tough try at rebuilding with little hope of significant success in the near term.

Reactions: leftygray
Our LB situation seems a bit precarious.
Yup...

I called long ago that Kamen Marley would be a beast ILB for us.
I didn't anticipate he would be needed there this early. But honestly...he could also play like a flex TE. Similar to Beckwith in his skills.

Banks and Joseph need to emerge as the thoroughbreds they physically appear to be.
Harrison is a monster high school nose guard hahaha. I'm really hoping playing in the middle of the field makes him more comfortable playing in space.

Solon Page??? Nows the time if ever.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Seems like Maurer is really benefiting from the scheme change. Hopefully his accuracy and decision making continue to look good. Surprised about Harrison Bailey looking inaccurate, but the footwork looks different where you kind of stand there before throwing the ball. Might hurt his timing since he’s more of a pocket passer.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Think our offense will dramatically improve this year and has a load of (very underestimated) talent, but I'm not too optimistic about the D. It's not that we don't have some good players there. There's just no depth in the front 7. If To'o To'o and Crouch leave, LB is looking bare. A fast-paced offense is only going to add more pressure.

We might look a lot like Ole Miss last season and have to win games in shootouts.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Is your problem with him simply because he is from Sullivan East? Do you know anything about him at all? The coach seems to have high praise for him and he is listed at 6' 7" and 325. He has the size. Just because he didn't go to a "Big Name" school doesn't mean he can't play. He is in his third year in the program.
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have concerns about your starting LT being a guy nobody knew was on the team 15 minutes ago.

Was the best thing that happened to me last year too. Just sayin. Aight. but I am gonna miss all of the Cornbread and Conehead jokes and gifs.
I’m a coach and I was talking yesterday in practice. I dropped 3 “aights” in my speech. I stopped mid-sentence and said out loud, “dear lord I sound like Jeremy Pruitt. I can’t accept this!”

I’m a coach and I was talking yesterday in practice. I dropped 3 “aights” in my speech. I stopped mid-sentence and said out loud, “dear lord I sound like Jeremy Pruitt. I can’t accept this!”
Hahaha. Did you then go eat a plate full of cornbread?

Maybe I'm wrong, but, it seemed like Jeremy curbed his "aights" after his first couple of pressers. The little I hear from Saban, he uses it a lot. Heupel uses it a lot, too. So, you come by it honestly, aight?

The addition of Velus Jones to our program has been great, he's emerged as a leader that we've needed and I believe he'll have a great season this year...He's the type of player that's easy to root for

VN Store

Back