Vols practice #6

Is our starting LT really going to be a kid from Sullivan East? Mercy.
Is your problem with him simply because he is from Sullivan East? Do you know anything about him at all? The coach seems to have high praise for him and he is listed at 6' 7" and 325. He has the size. Just because he didn't go to a "Big Name" school doesn't mean he can't play. He is in his third year in the program.

I will ask you the same question as K-town Vol Fan, why is it so hard to believe that a 6'7" 325 tackle that just happens to be from a small east tennessee high school can actually contribute after two full years in the program?

Kudos means congrats. I do not believe I said, “I wish they were starting over him.” I was implying depth at LT is less than RT with Cade/Darnell, Parker, and Perry there. We have Davis and Calbert at LT.

Kudos means congrats. I do not believe I said, “I wish they were starting over him.” I was implying depth at LT is less than RT with Cade/Darnell, Parker, and Perry there. We have Davis and Calbert at LT.
Again, you didn't answer the question. Your post is another of the back handed compliments that I cannot help but comment on. You would rather have someone else, but give no reason at all. It is possible that a player can out perform higher rated players. If he has earned his place in the depth chart congratulate him and question why the higher rated player isn't pulling their weight. Nothing personal, I just have a desire to see underdogs win out in the end. I see this type of comment way too often.

I will ask you the same question as K-town Vol Fan, why is it so hard to believe that a 6'7" 325 tackle that just happens to be from a small east tennessee high school can actually contribute after two full years in the program?
Could be that nobody is answering your question directly because the answer is so obvious that you're coming across as being sarcastic...

Most people here have to pull up a depth chart to know who Davis is and we are the die hard fans who normally know who all the players are. He was a complete non-factor a year ago. It's reasonable to be shocked by him leading the competition at LT. I know I am. That's not a knock on the guy. It's just a surprise. That's all.

Again, you didn't answer the question. Your post is another of the back handed compliments that I cannot help but comment on. You would rather have someone else, but give no reason at all. It is possible that a player can out perform higher rated players. If he has earned his place in the depth chart congratulate him and question why the higher rated player isn't pulling their weight. Nothing personal, I just have a desire to see underdogs win out in the end. I see this type of comment way too often.

If he starts, he starts. Again, kudos to the kid. I was just saying one of them should move to LT for depth purposes, but after reading again, it seems they are having some work both sides.

Reactions: Behr and TJSVOLS
LT seems to be a point of concern. With Morris moving on to greener grass, is it so hard to believe that Wright moves to left tackle? IK he’s not practicing there but he WAS a 5* LT in HS just like Morris. If there’s no one else that can get the job done and all of our qbs being right handed, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the switch

Man that linebacker position is scary.

Banks 6'1 230
Harrison 6'2 240
Joseph 6'2 230
Page '6'3 218

Are all scholarship guys that look like they can play LB. But...who knows at this point.

French 6'2 234
Willis 6'0 215
Are both actual MLBs. The 4 above are more of projects like Crouch. But who knows what's going to happen with them because of their suspension.

Marley 6'3 215 ATH looks to be a player there. But he's a true freshman that has never played LB fulltime.

Need 4 guys out of the list from above to emerge. Not impossible but, it's a miracle if it happens imo.

Was the best thing that happened to me last year too. Just sayin. Aight. but I am gonna miss all of the Cornbread and Conehead jokes and gifs.
Don't worry dude. After the first two losses there'll be a whole new bunch of gifs and jokes for you. Pruitt was the next savior...til he wasn't. Heupel has no immunity.

I’m with you. Especially at positions that require grit/nastiness/determination...the kind that drives a kid to put on 75lbs since high school and pummel himself just to get a shot alongside one of those blue chippers. I like it. I think it’s actually what the game is all about.

Banks 6'1 230
Harrison 6'2 240
Joseph 6'2 230
Page '6'3 218

Are all scholarship guys that look like they can play LB. But...who knows at this point.

French 6'2 234
Willis 6'0 215
Are both actual MLBs. The 4 above are more of projects like Crouch. But who knows what's going to happen with them because of their suspension.

Marley 6'3 215 ATH looks to be a player there. But he's a true freshman that has never played LB fulltime.

Need 4 guys out of the list from above to emerge. Not impossible but, it's a miracle if it happens imo.
Normally I would expect the defensive leader and play caller to come from this group. But, given the lack of experience, I don’t know who that would be. Banks has the most playing time. Does anyone know if he has matured enough to undertake that role?

VN Store

Back