Vols practice #6

Fingers

Morven Joseph and Solon Page II were the two leading linebackers for Tennessee at Tuesday's practice.
m.wilson

Black jerseys: Riley Locklear, LaTrell Bumphus, Len’Neth Whitehead, Doneiko Slaughter, Jimmy Holiday

Limited: Jalin Hyatt, Cheyenne Labruzza, Tiyon Evans, Malachi Wideman jogging on the side. Looked like Evans was drilling some

Not dressed in full: Jeremy Banks

QBs: Brian Maurer, Harrison Bailey, Hendon Hooker was the QB order on Tuesday. While we were there, all looked good throwing against air. Struggled throwing corner routes to WRs on the deep corner route.

Dee Beckwith looks smooth for size and continues to grasp everything at the position.

Andison Coby continues to impress while we aren’t there but has had the drops when media has been in attendance. Jimmy Calloway continues to impress and looks so much more comfortable this spring.

LT: Davis, Calbert
LG: Soraggins, Harris, Carvin
C: Mays , Ball
RG: Carvin,
RT: Mays, Wright, Lane

Linemen repping on both sides of ball during Drive drills. Darnell Wright looked good and appears to be in his best shape.

Bryson Eason looks different. Very natural and athletic under schute and he is one that continues to impress me.

Tamarion McDonald drew praise from Tim Banks but was running drills behind Jaylen McCullough and Trevon Flowers.
a.price

So who's out there at linebacker for Tennessee right now? There's four scholarship players: Fifth-year senior Solon Page III, former walk-on Kwauze Garland, sophomore Morven Joseph and long snapper Will Albright. They are joined by walk-ons Nick Humphrey, West Shuler and Eunique Valentine. Page and Joseph were the first duo up through individual drills, followed by Garland and Albright and then the three walk-ons together.

Still no Kaidon Salter with the quarterbacks. Len'Neth Whitehead is still with the running backs (and in a non-contact jersey). Wide receivers Jalin Hyatt and Malachi Wideman remain limited and worked with a trainer on the side on Tuesday. Tiyon Evans joined them and has his right ankle heavily taped.

Some interesting combinations on the offensive line. Looked like the first group included Dayne Davis at left tackle and Kingston Harris at left guard with K'Rojhn Calbert at left tackle and Jerome Carvin at left guard behind them. Ollie Lane joined Cooper Mays in getting reps at center. Javontez Spraggins, Chris Akporoghene and Jackson Lampley worked at right guard. Cade Mays worked ahead of Darnell Wright at right tackle with RJ Perry and William Parker also working over there.

Freshman Parker is a big body who shows some power and strength in individual drills. But he's raw technically and needs some time to re-shape his body a little bit. There's a lot to work with there, though...

Wasn't a particularly great routes-on-air session for the quarterbacks with Brian Maurer, Harrison Bailey and Hendon Hooker all hit-and-miss, particularly on throws from the near hash to the far sideline on corner routes. Maurer and Hooker were the most accurate while Bailey looked off with his accuracy both on throws from the far hash and to the near side of the field. Velus Jones Jr. and Jimmy Calloway look a cut above the other receivers, and Kodi Burns is doing a lot of teaching with newcomers Merrill and Andison Coby, both of whom are getting a big change this spring with some other wideouts limited.
p.brown

Last edited:
So who's out there at linebacker for Tennessee right now? There's four scholarship players: Fifth-year senior Solon Page III, former walk-on Kwauze Garland, sophomore Morven Joseph and long snapper Will Albright. They are joined by walk-ons Nick Humphrey, West Shuler and Eunique Valentine. Page and Joseph were the first duo up through individual drills, followed by Garland and Albright and then the three walk-ons together.

this is fine dot gif

Was the best thing that happened to me last year too. Just sayin. Aight. but I am gonna miss all of the Cornbread and Conehead jokes and gifs.

Don't fret my friend......if VN stays true to form, him and his gifs will be worked into every thread without fail by a select few here who enjoy wallowing in the pit of despair. Only issue will be now deciding upon the multiple choice of cornbread, brick by brick, or Dooley.

Was the best thing that happened to me last year too. Just sayin. Aight. but I am gonna miss all of the Cornbread and Conehead jokes and gifs.
Don't fret my friend......if VN stays true to form, him and his gifs will be worked into every thread without fail by a select few here who enjoy wallowing in the pit of despair. Only issue will be now deciding upon the multiple choice of cornbread, brick by brick, or Dooley.

Do you figure they sit around like this?
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Reactions: NATHAN05
Dem boys is a lookin much gooder.
we gonna beat Alabama
we gonna beat Florida
we gonna beat Georgia
im not drunk.
im not stoned
im not crazy 🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳🤪😳yes, I am. Yes, I am.

Tennis thread is that way ➡

O Line still has plenty of pieces despite the departures. D Line I think will be pretty good with some actual good coaching for the first time in years. Eason sounds like he'll be a stud at Defensive end.

WR will have enough to be alright with Hyatt, Velus, and Colloway. We will need a bigger target for that can go up and win some jump balls. Wideman is an option, maybe even Warren at TE.

LB is scary, we're going to need banks and another player or three to step up. Secondary might be okay, kind of like wide receiver, but isn't very deep obviously.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back