Vols Picked 4th in SEC, UK Picked to Win SEC

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
I’m actually glad they can acknowledge the best player in the league doesn’t have to play for one of the best teams. Pippen Jr is good and I could see him living up to that billing. And the Vols have so much depth and are so well balanced that I don’t think this team is really set up for any one guy to shine in particular.

walkenvol

I’m actually glad they can acknowledge the best player in the league doesn’t have to play for one of the best teams. Pippen Jr is good and I could see him living up to that billing. And the Vols have so much depth and are so well balanced that I don’t think this team is really set up for any one guy to shine in particular.
Didn’t Pippen Jr enter the portal after last season?

gohogs14

Davonte Davis 2nd team? What’s that about?
He averaged 12/7 in the postseason last year as a freshman and is a beast on defense. Expected JD Notae to make it before him though honestly.

Pippen is really good but I can't see them actually giving it to a player on a team that finishes so low even if he deserves it. Awards now in every sport are 80% popularity contests.

cncchris33

I don’t know that I agree with that first part. They have some talented freshman, but they’ve got a lot more experience on that roster than they’ve had in years past
Agree. Hatred for Kentucky and/or passionate love for Tennessee causes some people to make questionable decisions. UK returns 5 guys who started games last year, adds 4 impact transfers and a top-10 recruiting class. They’re going to be good. In terms of returning players, UK and Tennessee have exactly the same number.

VN Store