Vols officially a No. 2 seed in Chapel Hill

I agree. Vols are not good enough to overlook anyone in the tournament. With the Vols' lack of quality depth in pitching, they cannot afford to get in the losers bracket, especially not early. But, I'm not sure there is another pitcher who has the ability to beat UNC on the staff. Just have to hope someone pitches the game of their lives on Sat (if Vols win on Friday) and then someone else can do it again on Sunday or Monday.

Nobody in the tourney is “good enough” to overlook anyone else with the exception of possibly Vandy in their regional. As far as pitching, I would take our staff over anyone else in this regional. Liberty’s era is 3.45, UT is 3.60, UNCW is 4.16 and UNC has a 4.25. Safe to say, we have also faced the toughest schedule, so our numbers are even better.

Nobody in the tourney is “good enough” to overlook anyone else with the exception of possibly Vandy in their regional. As far as pitching, I would take our staff over anyone else in this regional. Liberty’s era is 3.45, UT is 3.60, UNCW is 4.16 and UNC has a 4.25. Safe to say, we have also faced the toughest schedule, so our numbers are even better.
Completely agree. Our staff is solid. I definitely think we have a couple arms good enough to beat UNC.

Reactions: StarRaider
I agree. Vols are not good enough to overlook anyone in the tournament. With the Vols' lack of quality depth in pitching, they cannot afford to get in the losers bracket, especially not early. But, I'm not sure there is another pitcher who has the ability to beat UNC on the staff. Just have to hope someone pitches the game of their lives on Sat (if Vols win on Friday) and then someone else can do it again on Sunday or Monday.

You need a new avatar B-K

BackwardsK.jpg

The last time Vandy entered the NCAA Tournament ranked #1 in America, they lost in their Regional to Michigan. Half that team played significant minutes in the Majors. Some of those guys are still playing today with seven figure contracts. Just saying.

Reactions: zachpack
The last time Vandy entered the NCAA Tournament ranked #1 in America, they lost in their Regional to Michigan. Half that team played significant minutes in the Majors. Some of those guys are still playing today with seven figure contracts. Just saying.

Opening games of regionals are scary when you consider some of the 4 seeds will have one dominant pitcher who could shut down any team on a given day. Get in loser's bracket on first day and it all becomes a scramble for any team.

Opening games of regionals are scary when you consider some of the 4 seeds will have one dominant pitcher who could shut down any team on a given day. Get in loser's bracket on first day and it all becomes a scramble for any team.
So true. Speaking of do you know if UNC Wilmington has a strong number 1?

There will be several big upsets this weekend. I don’t think any of the SEC 1 seeds will fall but you could see Auburn or UT get to a super.

VN Store

Back