Vols No. 15 in new AP Poll

Last vs Florida we were down 17-0 at the half and 24-3 after 3....and the game was nearly that close, finished losing 34-3.

Started out good vs Georgia without JG at QB and Maurer showing some promise. From the 11:30 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Georgia out scored us 33-0.

Agree 100% with you regarding the Alabama game. We were pushing them around and playing right with them despite a AWFUL officiating call....even had a chance to make it a 1 score game in the 4th until JG went JG and cost us any chance to win the game.
We will never get the calls against Alabama.
Wee Little Nicky would fire the whole SEC staff.

Last vs Florida we were down 17-0 at the half and 24-3 after 3....and the game was nearly that close, finished losing 34-3.

Started out good vs Georgia without JG at QB and Maurer showing some promise. From the 11:30 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Georgia out scored us 33-0.

Agree 100% with you regarding the Alabama game. We were pushing them around and playing right with them despite a AWFUL officiating call....even had a chance to make it a 1 score game in the 4th until JG went JG and cost us any chance to win the game.

Florida was not pretty but we were driving with momentum into gator territory with a chance to cut it to 2 scores at the start of the 4th before fumbling, which was the nail in the coffin. I didn't mean we were toe to toe with the gators just that we hung with them into the 4th and technically were still in the game before that fumble. JG getting intercepted inside the FL 5 yard line and then missing a wide open touchdown to DWA in the first quarter was a 14 point blow that we never mentally recovered from.

We were just two scores down with like 10 minutes left against UGA so I do consider that hanging with the dawgs into the 4th

I will poo poo all over myself if we win the next 4.
I will poo poo all over myself if we are competitive against FL, AL, GA
I will poo poo all over myself if we beat the 5 teams that we are currently ranked above.
I will poo poo all over myself when the sunshine pumpers take off their orange goggles.
I will poo poo all over myself if we get in the 10 games.
Sounds like you are gonna have a pretty $hitty year bud.

17 in the Coaches Poll.

View attachment 306240
Wow. 6 top 25 teams we play (didn’t see 21-25).
Holy crap. I’m not a wussy, at all, but good grief.

Many on here get mad when people say, we shouldn’t play Oklahoma’s, or ______!
there’s no reason to schedule tough out of conference teams, when our schedule is brutal as is.
we aren’t going to benefit from it win lose or draw. (I’m assuming injuries, or loss of confidence if boat raced). Again. I’m not a negavol, just realistic. Sorry for my posts lack of structure, and grammar. . 😃

Just behind UCF, Memphis, and Cincy!! And a couple spots ahead of Kentucky!!! We are back!!!!

We definitely weren’t better than UF, but we wasted so many chances in that game. We probably could’ve been ahead, tied or within a field goal at the half last year.

There are 6 teams ahead of us in the top 25 so basically they are saying we are a mid tier SEC team. They didn't say we were awesome. I'm not sure what there is to get excited about with this poll. I would gander from this that we should be about 6-4. That probably is a top 25 team with the fact there are only about 60 teams with schedules? I'm guessing on the # of teams. I think there are normally around 120.

So other teams “cupcakes” don’t count?
Finished 6-0.
Not many other teams did that period.
Started the season losing to a Sun Belt team and an team with no conference known more for its choir than football...not many Power 5 teams did that..

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
There are 6 teams ahead of us in the top 25 so basically they are saying we are a mid tier SEC team. They didn't say we were awesome. I'm not sure what there is to get excited about with this poll. I would gander from this that we should be about 6-4. That probably is a top 25 team with the fact there are only about 60 teams with schedules? I'm guessing on the # of teams. I think there are normally around 120.

There are 130 teams in FBS. 74 of them are playing football (75 if you count Air Force, but they're only playing 2 games this fall). About 57%. Looking more narrowly, just within the Power 5, there are 39 playing of total 65 teams. Exactly 60%.

So yes, this poll says we're #6 out of the 14 teams of the SEC, so somewhere in the muddy middle...but it also says we're #15 out of the 74 nationwide playing this fall. That's right at top 20%. Not too shabby.

I agree that it doesn't mean we're rock stars or anything. Not yet, anyway. After we beat Bama, maybe. ;)

Go Vols!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Just for reference:

2019 AP Preseason Ranking
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. Texas
11. Oregon
12. Texas A&M
13. Washington
14. Utah
15. Penn State
16. Auburn
17. UCF
18. Michigan State
19. Wisconsin
20. Iowa
21. Iowa State
22. Syracuse
23. Washington State
24. Nebraska
25. Stanford

2019 Final AP Ranking

1. LSU (15-0)
2. Clemson (14-1)
3. Ohio State (13-1)
4. Georgia (12-2)
5. Oregon (12-2)
6. Florida (11-2)
7. Oklahoma (12-2)
8. Alabama (11-2)
9. Penn State (11-2)
10. Minnesota (11-2)
11. Wisconsin (10-4)
12. Notre Dame (11-2)
13. Baylor (11-3)
14. Auburn (9-4)
15. Iowa (10-3)
16. Utah (11-3)
17. Memphis (12-2)
18. Michigan (9-4)
19. Appalachian State (13-1)
20. Navy (11-2)
21. Cincinnati (11-3)
22. Air Force (11-2)
23. Boise State (12-2)
24. UCF (10-3)
25. Texas (8-5)

Not really sure why anyone would put much stock in a preseason ranking.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back