Vols No. 15 in new AP Poll

We hung with Fla and Georgia into the 4th quarter. Those scores don’t tell the whole story. Also had Bama on the ropes until JG melt down. With improved QB play and increased depth we match up with any of those teams
Last vs Florida we were down 17-0 at the half and 24-3 after 3....and the game was nearly that close, finished losing 34-3.

Started out good vs Georgia without JG at QB and Maurer showing some promise. From the 11:30 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Georgia out scored us 33-0.

Agree 100% with you regarding the Alabama game. We were pushing them around and playing right with them despite a AWFUL officiating call....even had a chance to make it a 1 score game in the 4th until JG went JG and cost us any chance to win the game.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
BECAUSE--------60% of the teams in the country decided not to play. covid. Watered down Poll. But, since our schedule got exponentially tougher; there are opportunities .
Correction: 40% decided not to play. 60% are playing.

Let's don't act like the B10, B10 Jr., PAC, and PAC Jr. are over half of college football. They don't deserve that.

BECAUSE--------60% of the teams in the country decided not to play. covid. Watered down Poll. But, since our schedule got exponentially tougher; there are opportunities .
Name 2 teams outside OK and TX west of the Mississippi that could finish 3rd or better in either the SEC East or West. I contend there are maybe 4 decent football teams west of the Mississippi.

Name 2 teams outside OK and TX west of the Mississippi that could finish 3rd or better in either the SEC East or West. I contend there are maybe 4 decent football teams west of the Mississippi.

3rd or better in the SEC East? Easy.
Oregon, Utah, USC, Washington (last few years at least) would all compete in the East. West would be a bit harder at the moment, given the mercurial nature of Auburn under Gus, and Jimbo's version of A&M being a bit new, but all of them would would at least compete for the third spot.

Reactions: QU1ZE and 08Vol
I will poo poo all over myself if we win the next 4.
I will poo poo all over myself if we are competitive against FL, AL, GA
I will poo poo all over myself if we beat the 5 teams that we are currently ranked above.
I will poo poo all over myself when the sunshine pumpers take off their orange goggles.
I will poo poo all over myself if we get in the 10 games.
Why don’t you disappear until you poo poo.

Reactions: kcvols1
Rankings and polls only matter at the end of a season, imho. Let’s not jump the gun... like we usually do. Proofs in the puddin’.

Reactions: tnutater
A little hard to take this poll as something to get excited about. 5 of our opponents are ranked ahead of us. Just when you think 17 isn't bad.. 3 slots back is Kentucky at 20. Kentucky... Let that soak in.
Kentucky. A team that has won 18 games the past 2 years and beaten Penn State, Florida, and Virginia Tech during that span. Also have had 8 players drafted. And next season they will field another good defense. JMO but Kentucky is probably a top 15 team and we are a top 10 this year.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back