VOLS MVP

Who was our MVP in 2004

• Total voters
Don;t know if the credit goes to Trooper, but for the first time since the Travis's were there the running backs hit the hole at full throttle. That's been missing. Too much hesitation going to the line and by that time the hole has closed up.

I voted team effort, though Mahelona was very imprtant constant at a very important position.

the reson backs hit the hole with speed is because there was a hole. Why? Respert was back in at center and Munoz was out. Munoz injuries have rendered him completely useless in the speed rushing game we compete in weekly.Trooper has no positive value to our team in any size , shape or fashion. Hope he can recruit or he is worthless!

Munoz injuries have rendered him completely useless in the speed rushing game we compete in weekly

Since when has Munoz moved to DL??? Speed rushing is a term used for DL play.

TT adds no value to our team?

Methinks another cold day in Pittsburgh has frozen some of the gears in the old brain.

:dunno: Trooper has been great for this team. He has brought excitement and energy to the coaches and players. Like Nick Saban said yesterday, this is a relationship business and I think Trooper has very good relationships with everyone. This was the first year the Vols have had two backs run for 1000 yards each EVER....hummmm. I think he platooned the backs very well. He even made the tough decision to hold jabri davis out of the line up. I'm sure that wasn't easy but it turned out to be the right decision. Trooper I love you, keep up the good work.

How in the heck was Jason Allen left off this poll? :yikes:

Good poll but very hard to say. Football is a team game and without a true team we would have been average, so I could easily have voted team effort but I didn’t. Many upper classman stepped up, but in the end it was the under classman who made the season a successful one. If I had to choose one person to be MVP it would have to be Erik Ainge, for the way he stepped up and won several big games for the Vols. Without Erik Ainge this team would have struggled early. Great job frosh!

Notable upper classmen
Allen
Burnett
Mahelona
Clausen
Houston
Riggs
Gaither
Haralson
Brown
The whole o line

Notable under classmen
Ainge
Hefney
Meachem
Fellows
Anderson
Wilhoit
Smith
Swain

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 5, 2005 12:25 PM
Fellows and Meachem get my votes for underclassmen out of that list.

No Ainge? Has an alien taken over your brain, this isn't the Milo I know.

Dang! I dont get it. CPF needs to be fired because he does nothing for UT? YET, in the same breathe (by the same poster), Taylor doesnt bring anything to the VOLS.

Im confused. Do coaches motivate players? or not? TT lit a fire under the backs and it spread throughout the offense. Maybe JM would probably fire him. But TT will leave UT when HE decides to leave UT. I dont think CPF is ready to make a change at the RB coach position. TT is too popular with the fans.

Or at least, MOST of the fans.

Originally posted by OrangeCrush18+Jan 5, 2005 8:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeCrush18 @ Jan 5, 2005 8:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Jan 5, 2005 12:25 PM
Fellows and Meachem get my votes for underclassmen out of that list.

No Ainge? Has an alien taken over your brain, this isn&#39;t the Milo I know. [/quote]
lol, I know he&#39;s representing the hometown and all, but I seem to be the only one around here (Hillsboro, that is) who realizes he&#39;s still got a ways to go before he can reach the status of being a truly great QB at Tennessee. Rob Meachem, though, has dazzled me all year. Fellows has done exceptionally well, also.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jan 5, 2005 8:37 AM
Munoz injuries have rendered him completely useless in the speed rushing game we compete in weekly

Since when has Munoz moved to DL??? Speed rushing is a term used for DL play.

I think he means that injuries made Munoz immobile and unable to stop the speed rush that most DE&#39;s use.

Now the part about TT not having any value to the program . . . :dunno:

I had to vote for Ainge, after the way he played against those sorry dawgs, he&#39;s been my man ever since&#33; the D played really well that game too.

Another vote for team effort.

I love years where there are no "stars" on this team that give themselves nicknames like......."the future". :lol:

He really didn&#39;t turn out to be the future after all did he?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 7, 2005 12:09 AM
He really didn&#39;t turn out to be the future after all did he?

With the spine condition he&#39;s got, he&#39;s lucky to be making millions in the NFL. He&#39;s not done too bad considering..... in 2 NFL seasons and only 5 starts, he has 53 receptions for 677 yards and 7 tds.

Alot of people blame him for the collapse in 2002, me included, but we also have to remember that he only played in 4 games that season.... 23 receptions for 443 yards but only 1 TD. He missed the first 2 games with a knee injury. In his first game action of the season, he had 7 receptions for 102 yards in the loss to Florida. The Vols had 8 fumbles in the loss. He almost single-handedly won the game against Rutgers, catching 7 passes for 197 yards and 1 TD. In the second half of that game, Washington had catches of 52, 48, and 58 yards. He had 6 receptions for 112 yards in the 6 overtime win over Arkansas. Against Georgia, he only had 3 receptions for 32 yards (with a long reception of 45 yards). However, CJ Leak and James Banks were the qbs for that game. The Vols entered the 4th quarter with only 32 passing yards&#33; He injured his neck while making a crucial 4th quarter reception.

The previous season, he led the Vols with 64 receptions for 1010 yards and 5 tds. He added another 6 receptions for 70 yards and 2 TDs against Michigan in the bowl game.

:compute: For his career at Tennessee, he played in 17 games, had 93 receptions for 1523 yards (16.4 ypc, 89.6 ypg) and 8 tds, which included 6 games of 100+ yards and 1 game of 200+ yards. He made at least 1 reception in each of the 17 games and had at least 50+ yards in 13 games. The Vols had a record of 13-4 in the games which Washington played.

I vote for: The Hawaian Punch, Reach&#39;m Meachem, The Houston Rocket, Mr. Smith is too good for Washington, Can&#39;t touch this-Burn-nette, Ainge none better, Come sit on my knee Santa Clausen, Big Rocks Respert, Ain&#39;t no softer side at Sears, and all the chips off the old rock that dangled thier stones over thier opponents in 2004&#33;

Kelly Washington was a real stud at Tennessee but injuries and his mouth left a bitter taste in my mouth. He has done well when given the chance in Cincy ,but he was/is definitely not......."The Future".

:angdev:

I was impressed with Ainge the most.......So i give him my vote, Defense....Ill go with Jason Allen and Mahalona. It kinda looks like these guys will be gone next year though. Hopefully we can build on this season and have a sucessfull 2005 season&#33; and once again GO VOLS&#33;&#33;&#33;

team effort overall...especially in the cotton bowl. It was like the sound of a perfectly tuned 350 engine. But I would have to vote for gerald riggs, he always seem to be the go to guy when houston wasnt in the mood to run.

I would have to go with Wade as the MVP. Without him provoking that FL player who knows how the rest of the season would have turned out . . . :yikes:

:D This year was a team effort. I pray that it carries over into this year&#33; :number1: :3cheers: :td:

VN Store

Back