8. Cody Douglas OG (6'3" 330) pos. rank: #13
9. Jason Hall DE (6'2" 260) pos. rank: #59
10. Chris Hannon WR (6'3" 193) pos. rank: #45
11. CJ Fayton WR (6'1" 190) pos. rank: #47
12. Jason Mitchell OLB (6' 220) pos. rank: 49

I see three not making it in the NFL

1) Mitchell.......injuries have hurt him
2) Fayton.....average speed, possession receivers are a dime a dozen
3) Riggs....He's gotta run over people in training camp because he couldn't make my grandmother miss.

allen will be the highest pick i think. just about every mock draft has him in the first round and have him and jesse goin around the same time.

(BocaVol @ Jan 3 said:

3) Riggs....He's gotta run over people in training camp because he couldn't make my grandmother miss.

I'd add Toenia to that list. Too slow and not agressive enough.

eww.... idk about riggs not making it in the nfl... he is a bulldozer and if he had some holes (belive me no holes in the begining of the year) then his numbers would have been good. the kid can break tackles and is a workhorse. he will get drafted, he is projected as the 6th best running back and with people like deangelo williams and reggie bush in the draft, thats not bad at all...

(BocaVol @ Jan 3 said:

Speaking of Fayton and possession recievers, anyone remember Eric Parker?

Fayton will be drafted cause he is a possesion reciiver not because he is. Possession receivers dont come a dime a dozen cause if they did then you wouldnt see so many drop passes, faulty route runnings, and mixed signals between qb and wr. Fayton will get some looks, espically if he catches the ball like he is capable of..

1. Jesse Mahelona DT (6'1", 297) pos. rank: #6
2. Parys Haralson DE (6'1", 248) pos. rank: #8
3.Jason Allen CB (6'2", 202) pos. rank: #6
4. Kevin Simon ILB (5'11" 234) pos. rank: #5
5. Chris Hannon WR (6'3" 193) pos. rank: #45
6. Omar Gaither OLB (6'1" 225) pos. rank: #14
7. Albert Toeaina OT (6'5" 355) pos. rank: #18
8. Cody Douglas OG (6'3" 330) pos. rank: #13
9. Jason Hall DE (6'2" 260) pos. rank: #59
10. Gerald Riggs Jr. RB (5'11", 217) pos. rank: #7
11. CJ Fayton WR (6'1" 190) pos. rank: #47
12. Jason Mitchell OLB (6' 220) pos. rank: 49

those would be MY rankings

(oklavol @ Jan 3 said:
12 potential NFL draft picks, and UT goes 5-6.....
Of course, it's not Clapper's fault, just ask him.

"We were nearly 9-2...."

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(oklavol @ Jan 3 said:
I'd add Toenia to that list. Too slow and not agressive enough.
And if he isn't getting kicked off the team, he's quitting it. :bad:

ESPN's analysis of Gerald Riggs:

Strengths: Is a big, physical north-south type runner. Is tall, well built and powerful. Shows very good burst to the hole for a back his size. He shows good burst through the LOS for a back his size. Can be a powerful back when he runs with good pad-level. He breaks a lot of tackles, keeps his legs pumping and will push the pile. He has an excellent stiff arm in the open field. He shows much improved vision and patience as a back. He does a good job of hitting the cutback lane. Has very good body control and balance. Shows good COD skills and is able to plant and drive quickly without losing too much in transition. He runs over smaller defenders in space. He has very good size and strength in the phone booth as a blocker. Shows a lot of upside as a blocker. Is maturing as a player and person.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal top-end speed. Is not a huge threat as an outside runner. Will struggle to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner in the NFL. He won't run away from many defenders and won't make many defenders miss in the open field. Must run with more consistent leverage in order to maximize his size and strength. He is still inexperienced and needs a lot of refining in the passing game. He lacks a great feel as a route runner. He does not show a consistent ability to adjust to the poorly thrown ball. He will never be a great mismatch-type of RB that can flex out and work downfield. He has great size and power as a blocker but needs to improve his technique. He lacks awareness when picking up the blitz. He gets in position too late at times and will get caught lunging. Needs to show more consistent leverage at the POA as a blocker.

Overall: Riggs Jr. took a while to develop and only had 63 carries in his first two seasons at Tennessee. However, after beginning his junior season as a backup to Cedric Houston, Riggs Jr. emerged as the Vols' leading rusher with 1,107 yards and six TDs on 193 carries. Riggs Jr. suffered a season-ending ankle injury vs. Alabama (Oct. 22) and finished his senior year with 530 yards and three touchdowns on 127 carries (4.2 ypc). Riggs Jr., whose father Gerald was a three-time Pro Bowl RB in the NFL (Redskins and Falcons), was primed for a monster season in 2005 after really maturing as a football player in 2004, but Riggs Jr. failed to live up to expectations in the six games he played before suffering a season-ending ankle injury. Riggs Jr. lacks explosive speed and he still has a lot of room to grow in the passing game  both as a receiver and blocker. However, he is a big, powerful north-south runner who will wear an opponent down if given enough carries in a game. Riggs Jr. shares some similar qualities with former Vol Jamal Lewis (Ravens), except Lewis is bigger and runs with more consistent pad-level. If utilized as a load-carrier in a power-running or zone-blocking offensive scheme, Riggs Jr. has the potential to become an impact starting running back in the NFL. Between now and the draft, Riggs must rehab his ankle and legitimize his 4.5 40-yard dash speed at the combine. As it stands right now, Riggs Jr. is a late-second or third round draft prospect in the 2006 class.

(tidwell @ Jan 3 said:
Just curious, which 5 DT's do they have ranked ahead of Mahelona?
In order of the best DT's...

1. Haloti Ngata (Oregon)
2. Gabriel Watson (Michigan)
3. Claude Wroten (LSU)
4. Rodrique Wright (Texas)
5. Dusty Dvoracek (Oklahoma)
6. Jesse Mahelona (Tennessee)

(7IlikeOrange7 @ Jan 3 said:
allen will be the highest pick i think. just about every mock draft has him in the first round and have him and jesse goin around the same time.
They're saying Allen will go to ATL.....I'll definitely be getting me a Jason Allen Atlanta Falcons jersey if that's where he goes

If Allen has a strong combine showing, he could be a first round draft pick. Atlanta needs some help in the secondary.

yeah but who knows how he will comeback from the injury. I think early 2nd round is reasonable. Having he and pacman will make the titans defense a lot better, but they also need help at linebacker.

I think Mahelona will go top, Jason Allen and Kevin Simon had high predictions, but I think Mahelone is better than 5th...

Other than Rodrique Wright I think JM is the top DT in the NCAA.

VN Store

Back