Vols in orange britches Saturday?

Can't its a road game and USCe will most likely be in black or dark red and those watching on black and white TV's won't be able to tell the teams apart. I have an overwhelming urge to blue font this...but its true so I can't
Thanks man, i don’t think anyone in here knew that teams wore white on the road. Good looking out.

I’d be fine if they were our normal road unis, but if there’s no rhyme or reason to when we wear them I’d like to wear them in games of importance. I’ve always felt this way, and Dabo kind of stole my idea by doing that now w/ Clemson. I just like the idea of bringing some prestige to the orange pants as opposed to just breaking them out for a Mississippi State home game.

I see what you’re saying. I think a lot of how fans feel is based on what they grew up with. When I was a kid, it was white over orange on the road and orange over white at home, with an occasional all orange (which I didn’t like then, either). To me, that’s Tennessee’s look. I recall the first time I saw them in all white in Athens in 1992 and I thought it was really cool, but I took it to be a special occasion. It wasn’t long before that was the road uniform and orange pants became a novelty, not the norm. Then the black outlines came, which I hated. Glad that’s gone.

I like that Alabama owns its uniform tradition. No alternates. No varying combos. They just wear crimson jerseys at home and all white on the road. But with a solid color helmet, it’s not too much white. Since we have white helmets, orange pants on the road offset the white. I was hoping Pruitt would bring that mentality here...just the two sets of uniforms and own the look...orange over white and white over orange, just like the Majors days.

Can't its a road game and USCe will most likely be in black or dark red and those watching on black and white TV's won't be able to tell the teams apart. I have an overwhelming urge to blue font this...but its true so I can't

It's so funny how out of date this rule is.

Truth be told for almost every team UT plays they could go color vs. color since the contract is more than enough. The only teams I can think of are if Missouri or Vandy wore gold/yellow jerseys, then I could see forcing a white jersey.

Last Tennessee Vol LOSS was in "Storm Troopers"...

Tennessee vs. Alabama - Game Summary - October 19, 2019 - ESPN

BRING ON...

tenor.gif

So true. They are beneath Orange britches. Wearing Orange britches against SC is an insult to Orange britches, but our Vols do look good in Orange. Wear them Orange britches.

We wore the Orange Britches when we upset them in 2014. I 'member because I was sitting right behind the goal post during the game winning kick.

Reactions: preacherwebb
We wore the Orange Britches when we upset them in 2014. I 'member because I was sitting right behind the goal post during the game winning kick.
It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to wear them every game. We are from Big Orange Country. Wear that Orange. It not about who we are playing, but who we are.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back