Vols in on transfer guard

Once again, people are ignoring the fact he’s sitting out a year and working out everyday, if the staff wants to develop him into more of a PG they will do just that.

Once again, people are ignoring the fact he’s sitting out a year and working out everyday, if the staff wants to develop him into more of a PG they will do just that.
I mean, they can, absolutely. But I just wouldn't bet on him becoming a really good distributor if he hasn't done that in his first two years of college. Even in high school he was more of a scorer. He was rated as a PG, but you know that recruiting services don't always list a kid properly.

I'd like to be proven wrong about VJ. If he can combine the kind of scoring he can do with some good distributing skills, then he'll be really, really good. He just hasn't shown that so far. Even Lamonte was a better distributor in his first two years than VJ has shown.

I mean, they can, absolutely. But I just wouldn't bet on him becoming a really good distributor if he hasn't done that in his first two years of college. Even in high school he was more of a scorer. He was rated as a PG, but you know that recruiting services don't always list a kid properly.

Up until last year Turner wasn’t much of a distributor, just about 2apg...that number increased greatly last year. This isn’t trying to turn a big man into a PG, it’s developing someone with that potential and game already there.

Reactions: pimo1
I'd like to be proven wrong about VJ. If he can combine the kind of scoring he can do with some good distributing skills, then he'll be really, really good. He just hasn't shown that so far. Even Lamonte was a better distributor in his first two years than VJ has shown.
But was VJ asked to do that, or to be more scorer?

But was VJ asked to do that, or to be more scorer?
He was asked to be more of a scorer. I think he'll be asked to do the same for UT, because I think Josiah will still be the main ball handler in 2020-21. Or a PG they add in they add in the 2020 class.

Like I said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If VJ develops some better passing skills to go along with the type of scoring he's capable of, we're talking about a potential All-SEC guard.

Reactions: sport3500
Of course. At least he won't be eligible till the 2020-21 season.
Right, all the new guys probably could use some quality S&C. Chris Harry tweeted that Blackshear is already on campus and playing pickup games... that kid's serious about getting to work.

An interesting development in Appleby's potential status is the fact that CSU fired its entire coaching staff. If it turns out they did so because of violations, there is some speculation that Appleby could apply for a waiver to play right away. Doubt CMW needs or wants that right now; but interesting nonetheless.

who did better on their transfer sit out guard, UT or UF?
Guess a lot depends on fit in the respective systems. CMW has had a long relationship with the family even before taking the UF job, so he definitely knew what he was getting.

Guess a lot depends on fit in the respective systems. CMW has had a long relationship with the family even before taking the UF job, so he definitely knew what he was getting.
Same with Rick Barnes and Bailey’s family. Has known them for years dating back to his days at Texas. Safe to say he knew what he was getting, as well.

Hard to predict which guy will have a bigger future impact, but familiarity played a role in each guy getting a shot with their new team.

On paper, it looks line UF "won" in this instance. But I'll wait to decide that till the two have actually taken the court for their respective teams.

VN Store

Back