Vols in MLB Update

Figured I would share this here. This was yesterday at spring training. Triple A game between the Rays (Durham Bulls) and the Tigers (Toledo Mud Hens). Sean pitching against his old teammate Andre Lipcius. Always fun to see two VFLs on the field together!
View attachment 542519
Where is Sean starting the season?

Where is Sean starting the season?
He is in the starting rotation in AA Montgomery to start. Indications are that he and Mason Montgomery (another starter from Texas Tech) will likely move to AAA at some point this year. The Rays have developed a log jam of quality starters at the AA and AAA level. So we will see how it goes!

How do they not take Ben up as good as he has been this Spring Training and end of last season
The Angels org is notorious for promoting players from AA to the majors to test the waters. He will likely get a shot this year at some point. Maybe a short stint, but who knows. He did well in AA last season, but got roughed up a little in the playoffs. Playoff stats do not get included on his MILB page nor do they affect the players’ career numbers. From what I’ve seen and heard, he needs time to develop consistency with his secondary pitches, as well and hone his command.

He is in the starting rotation in AA Montgomery to start. Indications are that he and Mason Montgomery (another starter from Texas Tech) will likely move to AAA at some point this year. The Rays have developed a log jam of quality starters at the AA and AAA level. So we will see how it goes!
Thanks for the update. All my best for a successful and healthy year.

VN Store

Back