Vols in Draft

.Chism4.

Sweet 16
Who all is expected to be picked? I know Meachem, Harrell, and Sears are all going early, but who else is a definate pick?

McBride, Wade, and more than likely mitchell. i have no clue what will happen with swain and smith.

forgot about anderson, my guess is he gets drafted in the 6th or 7th. Most of the rankings I've seen have him in the top 3-5 FBs in the draft. Only question is, will teams use draft picks on a mediocre crop of FBs, when it is already a rarely drafted position.

Swain had a terrible combine and Smith went but did not participate in drills

yeah, i know. i thought before the combine someone would give them a chance with a late pick, but now they will probably have to see if they can go the FA route. maybe they will impress at the pro day...

forgot about anderson, my guess is he gets drafted in the 6th or 7th. Most of the rankings I've seen have him in the top 3-5 FBs in the draft. Only question is, will teams use draft picks on a mediocre crop of FBs, when it is already a rarely drafted position.

That is true but he had a 37 inch vertical and a sub 4.8 forty so they might.

I remember when before Swain got injured, he was being talked about as a 4th round pick. The talk lasted for about a week.

That is true but he had a 37 inch vertical and a sub 4.8 forty so they might.

yeah...i personally think he falls in the gray area where it is a toss up on whether or not they get drafted. i hope someone picks him up though

who in the heck is Anthony Schlegel?

hmm I just proved your point :good!:

He was a middle LB for the Buckeyes when Hawk and Carpenter was there. He ran a very slow 40 time and was still drafted by the Jets, who have Vilma firmly entrenched as a starter. So there is hope.

ohh i remember that, just didnt remember his name at all. I remember seeing him get drafted, and having no clue who he was then either :p

And Bobby Carpenter was a 1st-round pick of Dallas....and was inactive for several games in spite of not being injured.

The question with Cory Anderson isn't the fact that he's listed as a fullback, but whether any number of NFL teams would have any use for him. I know Dallas already has a bunch of cash tied up in a designated pass dropper, so I don't think they need another.

Harrell is intriguing to me, mainly because I don't know who projects him into a 4-3 and who projects him into a 3-4.

And Bobby Carpenter was a 1st-round pick of Dallas....and was inactive for several games in spite of not being injured.

The question with Cory Anderson isn't the fact that he's listed as a fullback, but whether any number of NFL teams would have any use for him. I know Dallas already has a bunch of cash tied up in a designated pass dropper, so I don't think they need another.

Harrell is intriguing to me, mainly because I don't know who projects him into a 4-3 and who projects him into a 3-4.

The Bears will probably go after a DT with them losing 2 in free agency and Tank Johnson more than likely being suspended. They have Dvoracek but he stays injured, and Tommie Harris so who knows.

VN Store

Back