Vols in 2020 NFL Draft

Helton1

I saw a thread similar to this a few months ago. Looked sad at the time. Now, here we are with some players looking the part. I am absolutely no scout so these may be very far off. What are your opinions on the following and am I missing anyone?

Jennings- 4-5 round, just lacking the speed necessary

Callaway- 4-6 round. Harder to say based on how we’ve used him. Could he go higher?

Bituli- 3-5 round? Has the size, great tackler, football player

Brandon Kennedy- 6-undrafted? Completely clueless here.

Nigel Warrior- Undrafted? Has become a football player but too slow? Ruggs and Jeudy made him look like he was moving in slow motion.

DWA- 6-undrafted. I feel like he lacks the athleticism?

Darrell Taylor- Has he worked his way into the 3rd-5th range?

Jennings 1-2: Scouts love his size, effort, and body control. He’s a Solid 2 potential 1 in lineups

Callaway 4: Callaway is a nightmare in the slot. He’s got good speed and runs routes well. If he can get over the hump and come to play every game he will help himself tremendously

Kennedy 5-6: Probably reclassified as a G at the Pro day/Combine. He’s got good size and understands schemes up front. Durability is my only concern about him.

Warrior 6-UDFA: needs to be reclassified as a LB here. He definitely knows how to hit and clean things up. That said he lacks the range and tackling to be a NFL safety.

DWA 6-UDFA: Not being used as much as I’d hoped he would be with Chaney calling plays its hard for me to make any kind of real call. I don’t know If he runs well enough to be that hybrid TE that the league is going to. I know he can block up front so maybe he too could reclassify and help himself as an interior guy.

Taylor 3-4: Here’s a guy who could be special in the right system. He’s being groomed to fit the hybrid DE/OB player which will help him at the next level and would do very well at places like NE like former Tennessee standout and Super Bowl champion Jarod Mayo.

Smith, Calloway, Bituli, Jennings are the only ones I see getting drafted. Rounds 4 to 6 best case for all except Smith IMO.

Smith gets into the high second round if he gets the medical OK.

Other guys mentioned get UDFA shots.

Of the guy’s that you listed, Taylor will go the highest. EDGE has become a premium position in the NFL and he has a lot of transferable skills to fit at the next level. Jennings and Callaway will make rosters, but they’re day three guys. If Jennings surprises people during the combine and workouts he could slip into the third round, but right now almost every projection has him in the 4-6 range.

Calling Dobbs4Heisman??!!

1573430771823.png
tenor.gif

Overall, I pretty much agree with your writeup. I hope all these guys get drafted! I think the best NFL potential obviously is Smith but after that it's Bituli because he has a prototype NFL body. Calloway and Taylor have the next upside in my opinion.

Bitulli round 3 at latest. We should e getting press from nfl on undervalued picks performing in nfl and he fits the bill.

I saw a thread similar to this a few months ago. Looked sad at the time. Now, here we are with some players looking the part. I am absolutely no scout so these may be very far off. What are your opinions on the following and am I missing anyone?

Callaway- 4-6 round. Harder to say based on how we’ve used him. Could he go higher?

Nigel Warrior- Undrafted? Has become a football player but too slow? Ruggs and Jeudy made him look like he was moving in slow motion.

Rounds 2-3

Bituli, Jennings, Calloway (wouldn't rule out 1st two sneaking into first round.

Warrior 3-5, DWA 5-7, Taylor 4-6, Kennedy (depends on medical eval - remember Munoz). Kennedy could be a 6-7/UFA.

Trey 1-4k

Cimaglia 1st Rounder

What about Cimaglia? Is he gonna declare for the draft? We need him.

I just don’t see Jennings or Bituli getting drafted past the fourth round. I think they’re both 3rd rounders and could see someone taking Jennings higher.

I just don’t see Jennings or Bituli getting drafted past the fourth round. I think they’re both 3rd rounders and could see someone taking Jennings higher.

I would agree on Bituli due to late development. Jennings is a heck of a football player and I want him on my team no matter what if I’m an NFL GM, but 4.65 speed is tough to sell for a NFL wideout. What did Anquan Boldin run though?

VN Store

Back