Vols hire Bill Burck to fight NCAA

Ben Matlock, Perry Mason and a couple of PIs come on down ….. (Magnum and Jim Rockford - oh, and get Charlie and three of his angels on retainer for good measure).

Get ready for some fundraising. Go Fund Me maybe (right!)?

His standard billing rate is $2,250 per hour, according to his contract. His junior associates charge $880 per hour.

But “we have agreed to discount our standard hourly fees by 15% for this matter,” the contract says. (Comforting to know)

UT must pay additional fees for travel expenses, paralegal services, word processing, meals, computerized research, filing fees, telephone toll charges, fees for experts and consultants and other expenses.
lol. This is chump change for TN.

If we making a wish list, give me Matthew McConaughey and Sandra Bullock. They got Samuel Jackson off for double murder in a courthouse in front of everybody.

Reactions: EezyE
That was the joke
Regardless, ole Johnnie was a master in taking the oppositions own arguments and using them against the same. In short, he played the opposition's rules and beat them with it. Too bad OJS was too stupid to stay out of trouble once get got acquitted. Naw, guy got what he deserved.

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver
Ben Matlock? That dude could crack any case.
Key to his strategy was he would start spinning some long-winded yarn about his time in law enforcement and by the time the prosecution got their chance at summation, the jury had no interest.

Get ready for some fundraising. Go Fund Me maybe (right!)?

His standard billing rate is $2,250 per hour, according to his contract. His junior associates charge $880 per hour.

But “we have agreed to discount our standard hourly fees by 15% for this matter,” the contract says. (Comforting to know)

UT must pay additional fees for travel expenses, paralegal services, word processing, meals, computerized research, filing fees, telephone toll charges, fees for experts and consultants and other expenses.

UT can have the NCAA pay it when they sue for damages under the anti-trust act.

Reactions: SNAFU

VN Store

Back