Vols have a legitimate shot to finish as 3rd Best team in the SEC

We could go 7-3, but that is our ceiling

7-3 isn't a bad record at all for a 10 game SEC schedule. However if the 3 losses are to UGA, UF and Bama then UT will get zero respect out of the deal because we didn't step up and beat one of the SEC contenders. We merely "beat the teams we were supposed to beat". Which we for sure need to do all the time. But we have to beat a real team sooner or later. It's year 3 under Pruitt.

If we go 7-3 and beat Bama in the process, then its a whole different look.

Reactions: Alto1 and Vol8188
Yes, you can tell because the operative word in there is Peyton Manning, plus we were better at almost every other position besides QB then too. On a different level better
I'm just saying you can beat the hell out of someone and that team will turn around and beat the hell out of someone that beat you. A 23 point loss to GA is not destiny.

7-3 isn't a bad record at all for a 10 game SEC schedule. However if the 3 losses are to UGA, UF and Bama then UT will get zero respect out of the deal because we didn't step up and beat one of the SEC contenders. We merely "beat the teams we were supposed to beat". Which we for sure need to do all the time. But we have to beat a real team sooner or later. It's year 3 under Pruitt.

Well, considering we were getting boat raced by bottom feeder teams we were supposed to beat a couple of years ago, that's progress.

I don't believe that but there are some that do. We don't look like a 9-1 team to me even if we had the best QB in the country playing.

Imo that's probably Justin Fields. Slovis out there at USC is very close...jmo

A Good QB can mask a lot of deficiencies.

Part of it is Chaney....
But I also wonder if the situation is holding Chaney back...

I want to see Bailey this weekend.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Beating Bama would cure a lot of ills......

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Imo that's probably Justin Fields. Slovis out there at USC is very close...jmo

A Good QB can mask a lot of deficiencies.

Part of it is Chaney....
But I also wonder if the situation is holding Chaney back...

I want to see Bailey this weekend.
We've shown very little creativity on 3rd down plays, we've not done a good job of getting Gray and Chandler out in space and we're lacking in any leadership on the offensive side. We need a good game offensively to get back on track. I think we'll play well tomorrow. I'd like to see Bailey some as well.

Oh ye of little faith.

Nothing I can say will convince you we're actually still a very good (though not championship caliber) football team. So you're just gonna have to watch. We'll roll over the Wildcats like they're a high school team, then we'll see if we can hang with Bama.

Go Vols!

In this dark, dark world, I applaud your optimism.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
have to beat either Auburn or A&M , both are winnable, to finish 6-4. to get to 7-3 need to beat UF. Not confident on UF ( even though I would give a kidney to beat those punks)

have to beat either Auburn or A&M , both are winnable, to finish 6-4. to get to 7-3 need to beat UF. Not confident on UF ( even though I would give a kidney to beat those punks)
Don't have to beat Florida to get to 7-3, but let's beat Florida anyway. I'm with you on giving up kidneys. I'll give up Butchna's. And let's beat Auburn. And A&M. And all the others.

Go Vols!

Don't have to beat Florida to get to 7-3, but let's beat Florida anyway. I'm with you on giving up kidneys. I'll give up Butchna's. And let's beat Auburn. And A&M. And all the others.

Go Vols!
I'm curious to see how Auburn does vs USCjrs today, I think the Gamecocks pull off the upset.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Lots of unknowns and ifs with the main one being we need to beat Ky this Sat and should it happen it will come down to TN, Fl and Texas A&M for that spot. Below are the standings and in the end that's what matters the most. With a win Sat we would be one of only a few SEC teams sporting a 3-1 conference record. Regardless of what happens the Bama game we'll control our own destiny in the games vs A&M and Florida. Should we win Saturday I think that would make us favorites vs Aub, Vandy and Arkansas. I personally think we're right there as I think our defense is only going to improve and I don't think we're gonna face many defensive fronts that our line shouldn't be heavily favored against. We'll also find Saturday what kind of veteran leadership we have on this football team. I think they step up and rally vs the kittens, we are the better team, we're as good or better at every position and this is the decade of the Vols, hehe, had to throw that in. Anybody else other than me think we can finish 8-2 and end up 3rd in the conference?

Lots of ifs, we'll find out Saturday where we stand.

View attachment 314735

👊🤨 🤔 Fist bump bro, at least you had the guts to go way out on that limb b4 the UK embarrassment. With what we saw today I’d be shocked & pleasantly surprised if we finish at .500

After today, finishing in bottom 3 teams of East & West combined seems very reasonable.

👊🤨 🤔 Fist bump bro, at least you had the guts to go way out on that limb b4 the UK embarrassment. After today, finishing in bottom 3 teams of East & West combined seems very reasonable.
Yea thats when he predicted a 31-17 win....then posted later it was gonna be a low scoring affair...dude just post crap for likes. Like a teenage girl

I'm just saying you can beat the hell out of someone and that team will turn around and beat the hell out of someone that beat you. A 23 point loss to GA is not destiny.

This is true. Transitive property doesn’t work in football. Any given Saturday (except this coming one)

VN Store

Back