Vols have a legitimate shot to finish as 3rd Best team in the SEC

It would probably come down to the record of each team's cross-division opponents. That's a bit hard to predict this early on.
That's exactly the way I'm reading it. So with that said we share 3 opponents with UGA, their 4th is Miss St and our 4th is aTm. That's a definite advantage for us. Florida shares aTm and Arky, so that leaves their LSU and Ole Miss against our Alabama and Auburn, thats a definite advantage for us also.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
That loss to Georgia really sapped my enthusiasm for this season. Of course ill still root for the Vols every game but that was just like "same old crap" for me. A 23 point loss is a 23 point loss. I was hoping this team could be special but they put the kabosh on that. I can be re-energized if we get back to winning again..but a loss to Florida...a blowout loss especially...and we have more questions than answers. But lets just beat Kentucky first.

You try to win every game. Since we know we are not going to win every game, try to build the program until you can win every game. It might take some recruiting classes and staff turnover. If you notice steady improvement then reason says you are on the correct path.

That loss to Georgia really sapped my enthusiasm for this season. Of course ill still root for the Vols every game but that was just like "same old crap" for me. A 23 point loss is a 23 point loss. I was hoping this team could be special but they put the kabosh on that. I can be re-energized if we get back to winning again..but a loss to Florida...a blowout loss especially...and we have more questions than answers. But lets just beat Kentucky first.
You can't ever tell, I remember Peyton's senior year, we lost to Florida as we always did and felt like everything was lost, then we beat the crap out of Georgia and Florida lost to LSU that night. A few weeks later Georgia beat the crap out of Florida and we won the division and then the conference.

Keep reading about how great Georgia's D line is.. isn't our O line suppose to be legit too?

Reactions: Alto1
We will be 6-3 or 7-2 going into week 10 against UF. This is an above average SEC team but obviously not top tier. Enjoy the wins and realize better days are coming.

Reactions: lexkyvol
we can still beat florida and florida beat uga........in that game, stranger things have happened. win out and go to atlanta!

Reactions: LittleVol
I don't think we're going to finish 2-5, we may but it looks highly unlikely to me, especially if we beat Ky this Saturday.

agree. but that IF is way bigger now that it was 10 days ago. Which TN team shows up Saturday? I honestly have no idea. I do know that KY has a very good shot at winning that game, and if we go down to KY, a 4-6 season is highly likely. I still think we're overrated. It's not that I wish this to be true - it's just how I'm seeing things so far.

we can still beat florida and florida beat uga........in that game, stranger things have happened. win out and go to atlanta!
Even if we win out, UGa has to lose 2 games. Otherwise, they get to Atlanta ahead of us (FL can't be in a 3-way tie, because they already have 1 loss...losing to the Vols as well would eliminate them).

UGa could conceivably lose to both Bama and Florida. Everyone else on their easiest-in-the-SEC schedule is a doormat (Ky, Mizzou, Miss St, USCe, Vandy).

So, over the next three weeks, we need three key things to happen: (1) Bama beats UGa ... (2) Vols beat Bama, and (3) Florida beats UGa.

I suspect the chances of all three of those happening is somewhere around the chance of Elvis actually still being alive.

I'll go start looking in Branson; you take Vegas.

Go Vols!

agree. but that IF is way bigger now that it was 10 days ago. Which TN team shows up Saturday? I honestly have no idea. I do know that KY has a very good shot at winning that game, and if we go down to KY, a 4-6 season is highly likely. I still think we're overrated. It's not that I wish this to be true - it's just how I'm seeing things so far.
Oh ye of little faith.

Nothing I can say will convince you we're actually still a very good (though not championship caliber) football team. So you're just gonna have to watch. We'll roll over the Wildcats like they're a high school team, then we'll see if we can hang with Bama.

Go Vols!

And 2015 and 2016 we were 2nd in the east..last year we were 3rd....not that long ago...some of yall act like we been Vandy for the last 20 years
Not sure they think we've been Vandy as much as it's they've only been following SEC football for two seasons...Actually our history to them starts way back when we hired Butch...I could be wrong about that though. :cool::cool:

Reactions: whodeycin85
The west seems down this year. Granted it’s hard to know a lot this early. Two weeks ago we thought Ms St was for real.

We just came off an 8 game winning streak and played 1 bad half vs a NC contender. I see it differently, I expect us to play well mainly because it's been the norm more so than not our last 11 games.

Reactions: stumps and Vol8188
You can't ever tell, I remember Peyton's senior year, we lost to Florida as we always did and felt like everything was lost, then we beat the crap out of Georgia and Florida lost to LSU that night. A few weeks later Georgia beat the crap out of Florida and we won the division and then the conference.
Yes, you can tell because the operative word in there is Peyton Manning, plus we were better at almost every other position besides QB then too. On a different level better

Oh ye of little faith.

Nothing I can say will convince you we're actually still a very good (though not championship caliber) football team. So you're just gonna have to watch. We'll roll over the Wildcats like they're a high school team, then we'll see if we can hang with Bama.

Go Vols!
Roll over them like they're a high school team? Then I'm sure you'll give me UK +28 ?

I'm having a hard time with "controlling our own destiny for 3rd place". Isn't 3rd place for those who destiny crapped on?

Anyway, I will wait until after the Bama game to see where we "might" end up.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back