Vols have a legitimate shot to finish as 3rd Best team in the SEC

3pne4m.png

What if the the SEC's plan to protect UGA and Florida back fires with a 3 way tie? UGA loses to Bama and Florida, Florida loses to aTm and us, we lose to UGA and Bama. In this scenario, if I'm not mistaken, the 3 way tie could hold up all the way down to non divisional records of our opponents. If that happens we should have played the toughest schedule and win the division. Can anyone go into more detail about this possibility? Seems like years ago if there was a 3 way tie that couldn't be broken it went to the highest ranked team.

It would probably come down to the record of each team's cross-division opponents. That's a bit hard to predict this early on.

Reactions: tnvolswmd
Heh, yeah.

There is actually another alternative...we could run the table, end up 9-1, and UGa miraculously lose two SEC games so that we are East champs and get to Atlanta to beat Bama again and win the SEC crown. Then of course go on to the playoffs and finish National Champs at 12-1.

I would imagine that the same folks giving Pulaski grief in this thread for "accepting mediocrity" would be the first to shout that idea down as unrealistic. Which, I mean, it is...but...hypocrisy. Heh.

Beautiful new avatar, btw, though I liked the puppy better. What's the idea behind the switch?
Those giving grief are mostly NegaVols, they are easy to spot as they are the dumbest faction of our fanbase, I doubt some of them are even fans, besides, they are on full ignore so I don't see much of their grief. 9-1 would be awesome I just don't see it happening, not sure I see 8-2 but it does look possible.

Those giving grief are mostly NegaVols, they are easy to spot as they are the dumbest faction of our fanbase, I doubt some of them are even fans, besides, they are on full ignore so I don't see much of their grief. 9-1 would be awesome I just don't see it happening, not sure I see 8-2 but it does look possible.

What exactly is a negavol? Someone that thinks we should be one of the elite programs in the country and get pissed because we can't get over the hump? Someone that thinks the university should do dedicated to winning championships and gets pissed because they are not? Come on please explain what exactly is a negvol.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan
We were third in the east, he's saying 3rd overall, 2nd in the East behind Georgia. It's crazy, but i get his point. And 3rd, even in the East, is still improvement IMO. I'm shocked that so many expect TN to be one of the top schools two years removed from 0-8 and 4-8 overall.

Florida is so why shouldn't we expect the same results?

I guess that is what pisses me off the most and makes me a "negavol". Why in the hell should we settle for anything less that championship caliber football and why should we expect less out of our staff and administration than what other SEC schools have produced?

Reactions: whodeycin85
To the specific idea.

Bama, UGA
- Bama has the best offense in the SEC, not sure where UGA lands
- UGA has the best defense in the SEC, not sure where Bama lands
There will be a better picture of that after Saturday
I don't think either of those 2 fall out of the top 2 unless covid makes a major impact.

The fight for 3 is pretty much between UF, A&M, UT and to a lesser degree AU

A lot of football left, but out of that group Ive got A&M and UF ahead of UT with AU behind them, they have looked the worse of that group.

Saturday sucked, but UT still has a lot in front of it.

VN Store

Back