*****Vols get #5 seed in NCAAT; play Oregon State

No you don't. They play through guards and aren't big at all.

^^ this. Honestly, Vescovi/Springer/Keon/JJJ/Pons is not a bad starting 5 to run out against Ok. St. Gonna have to hope they have enough gas in the tank because they're gonna have to play a ton of minutes unless Bailey shows us something vs. Oregon St. (and assuming we even win that game, which is assuming a lot at this point.).

Love the matchup against Oregon St but the last team I wanted us matched up against in the 2nd round was Ok St. I wanted to stay clear of Cunningham. He can go off and take over any game so I’m not feeling too hot about that one. If we do make it past Ok St then I like our chances against Illinois. The Big 10 was overhyped this year.

Very unfortunate, but on a more optimistic note Pons and Johnson are elite defenders who have as much talent as anybody at guarding him.

Reasoning is to give teams an extra day of quarantining and testing.

This. I kinda like the new format, too. I'd rather watch First Round games on Fri/Sat. Yeah, I have to wait an extra day, but the first round is crazy fun and doing it on the slowest work day of the week means I can slack off more and watch way more of the tournament haha.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Best opportunity in my opinion. I could see this team getting hot and making it to the final four.

If this team played to it's potential for 4 games in a row, then yes I would expect a FF. Unfortunately their MO has been a rotation of full potential or can't throw a shot in the ocean. Here's hoping they will do it.

It must be March. Rick Barnes is getting hate again!

I really hope he coaches his butt off this weekend, and shuts up so many of these doubters. Never seen a future HOF coach questioned as much as he is. GBO!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Respect to Shaq. He is a ride or die with LSU. He has them winning the whole thing, meanwhile we can’t even get one of our most notable alumni to pick us for more than the Round of 64 lol.
We hate on Rece Davis for being a Bama lover, Dan Wolken for being a UT hater. Candace is a professional, she’s a great rep for the university

That being set, UT is gonna wreck her bracket 😈

Last edited:
We hate on Rece Davis for being a Bama lover, Dan Wolken for being a UT hater. Candice is a professional, she’s a great rep for the university

That being set, UT is gonna wreck her bracket 😈

I don't really hate on Reece Davis. The only national media talking heads I can't stand are Pat Forde and Dan Wolken.

I'm not saying Candace is a bad rep of the university by any means, but like DAMN she couldn't even pick us to go to the Sweet 16? That hurts. At worst she loses a couple of point on her bracket. Rep the Vols, Candace!

Reactions: walkenvol
I don't really hate on Reece Davis. The only national media talking heads I can't stand are Pat Forde and Dan Wolken.

I'm not saying Candace is a bad rep of the university by any means, but like DAMN she couldn't even pick us to go to the Sweet 16? That hurts. At worst she loses a couple of point on her bracket. Rep the Vols, Candace!
Fair enough. I usually pick the Vols to go one round further than I expect them to so that I don’t have any conflicting feelings at all cheering for them to advance haha. For this year that’s a S16

She doesn't give the guys any openings for attack on the pregame show. I'm hoping this is a rare one.

Apparently the team hasn’t left the hotel since their arrival on Monday. I wonder if this bubble is going to have any effect on certain teams having sluggish starts to the tournament.

Tennessee's Game 1 vs Oregon St is at Banker's Life FieldHouse
OSU vs Liberty Game 1 is at Indiana Farmhouse

Does anybody know where Game 2 is? If it is either one of these sites, would one team have an advantage over the other by already having played a Game in that Arena?

Tennessee's Game 1 vs Oregon St is at Banker's Life FieldHouse
OSU vs Liberty Game 1 is at Indiana Farmhouse

Does anybody know where Game 2 is? If it is either one of these sites, would one team have an advantage over the other by already having played a Game in that Arena?

Site 3 is one that neither team played at before.

I really have no clue. This is the strangest team that I can recall. They could get put out in the first round or win it all. Guess we will see.

Listen, I think Cade Cunningham is a hell of a player, but my word the drooling over him has been mind-numbing. I don't think we'll make a Final Four run, but I would LOVE if we could end the Pokes season. Pat Forde has them as the fifth most likely team to win the national title....WHAT?! Last time I checked, this was a team sport.

Also, isn't Ok State one of the weakest #4 seeds in the KenPom era? Yet, they are the 5th best team in this entire tournament? GTFO. I hope we bounce them.

Read another Tournament preview article, ranking all the first round games/First 4 games by competitiveness (is that a word?, I think so). The UT/Oregon St game is ranked as the one 12/5 game that has the least chance for an upset. Well, in Yahoo Sports, Jeff Eisenberg's opinion and mine.

VN Store

Back