Vols Football Spring Practice No. 1 Updates 3.7

Hey Behr, think I was close to you today.....since home ports are no longer listed my memory may be bad :(
Made some stops on University Ave.

“Trey Smith was on the field and in shorts and a jersey with his teammates, but no cleats...” AND GLOVES 😉

First time I remember seeing those practice helmets.

Well we were curious to see who looked really good coming out of S&C. I'm happy to say that it is several guys. Jamir +40, Tatum and Niehaus +25-30, Shannon Reid, Alontae Taylor, Bailey, Flowers, Mincey at 280, JJ Peterson looking better and Crouch looking like a mean arse #27 ILB should look!

Gibbs already looks the part of a speed WR.

Maurer has a live arm.

He does for sure. Shrout is a good QB, too...we didnt hear much about him last year because he was a frosh and needed to gain some weight, but the kid has a good arm and is a solid QB. Also, the kid committed for next season is the real deal as well. We will be as deep at QB next year as we have been in a very long time, and competition for the starting job will be fierce. Fierce.

Theres no doubt in my mind that JG will start the 1st game barring injury, but if he gets hurt this year, there is solid talent behind him. Unlike when we had Dobbs, Worley, etc... all 3 QBs this year have an SEC caliber arm. Competition for 2nd team will be fierce. As much as JG gets hit, we will likely see the other 2 play this season.

Can't tell much from Day 1 of practice, but definitely happy to see S&C paying off. Conditioning looks much better and also our O-line guys are much closer to ideal weight.

I do have a feeling our LB corp can be nasty this year. Still worried about D-line, though, particularly if Solomon ends up not being eligible. Curious to see how Bumphus does at DL; he was originally recruited to play there and Butch moved him over to TE; and we know how Butch's position switches tended to go.
And when Bama was recruiting him (when Pruitt was DC there) they recruited him to play DL as well. Hellll yes. DWA, Lowe, Brown, Pope, Craig at TE will be fine. Blakely is back at DL too and he’s up to 280lbs. Need all the DL help

Hi Fingers! Missed you!
Does anyone know anything about those crazy helmets?

I'm so glad that UT football is back in action! Spring practice...I'll take it!

First time I remember seeing those practice helmets.

Well we were curious to see who looked really good coming out of S&C. I'm happy to say that it is several guys. Jamir +40, Tatum and Niehaus +25-30, Shannon Reid, Alontae Taylor, Bailey, Flowers, Mincey at 280, JJ Peterson looking better and Crouch looking like a mean arse #27 ILB should look!

Gibbs already looks the part of a speed WR.
I saw them before.

In the movie Spaceballs..

Reactions: orangepridenation

VN Store

Back