Vols Face USC Upstate Today at 4 p.m.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Tennessee baseball team continues its 12-game homestand Wednesday afternoon when it hosts USC-Upstate for a 4 p.m. contest.

More...

Discuss. :)

How good is USC-Upstate? If they are not very good I hope UT can sweep them to improve their record, but then again with Fresno State winning it all last year how much do these early season games really matter?

This team has a LOT of work to do. It is embarrassing that the athletic department had the audacity to run a tv spot claiming that this year they would be in the hunt. Fail. This part gets me:

Seven USC-Upstate pitchers, who entered the game with a staff ERA of 8.05, combined to shutout the Volunteers offense for the first time this season and limited it to its lowest hit output (4) of the year.

Ugh.

Last edited:
For those who went to the game or have been this year, do the player even play hard or act like they give a sh*t. I know its earlier, but its turning into a sub par .500 season with raleigh leaving at the end.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Todd is not much of a coach, this is embarrasing I know we are not supposed to be competeing for championships in year 2 but my goodness surely we should be able to play we freakin Carolina upstate, imagine what the real Carolina is going to do to out diamond vols.

For those who went to the game or have been this year, do the player even play hard or act like they give a sh*t. I know its earlier, but its turning into a sub par .500 season with raleigh leaving at the end.

Tyrell Harris was piiiiiissed after the final out and the guys in the dugout cheer all the time. This team just couldn't hit consistently enough to score today. Lots of men left on base.

Knoxville's finest,

It seems like other than a few guys like Kentrail Davis and Tyrelle Harris the players could care less about the midweek games. You'd think they'd want to save the embarrassment that comes from losing to AP and USC Upstate in consecutive weeks. I feel it's a very disconnected bunch with Raleigh leading the squad.

Does Raleigh ever get pissed or chew ass? The baseball team needs the lane kiffin theory (every position is always open.)

Well I think his coaching stye is old school and tries to miotivate thriough intimidation...works with some players and not with others. The key to team consolidation is understanding your players personality... some players you need to hit with a sledge hammer and others you have to get to them to perform through encouragement....some famous coach, Chuck Daley , once said: Its the players job to play its my job to figure out how to help them win ..... he better start doing some figuring

VN Store

Back