Vols Drop 5-3 Decision to Austin Peay

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The winless Austin Peay Governors came into Knoxville Tuesday afternoon and defeated the Tennessee Volunteers 5-3 at Robert M. Lindsay Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium in the Vols first midweek game of the season.

More...

Discuss. :)

wow, all that talk about not losing mid-week games to in state rivals is ringing a little hollow right now.

for those of you who dont follow college baseball APSU is a very good team and is THE powerhouse in the OVC. they took Vandy with David Price pitching down to the wire two years ago in Regionals @ Vandy. UT will be fine.

for those of you who dont follow college baseball APSU is a very good team and is THE powerhouse in the OVC. they took Vandy with David Price pitching down to the wire two years ago in Regionals @ Vandy. UT will be fine.

no offense, but that was two years ago...

Yes, Austin Peay has a good program, but this is still a bad loss. It not only looks bad for any potential post season bids, but really hurts recruiting. How can we say to recruits we are competing with where the Vandy program is (ouch, that hurts to say) when we are losing to Austin Peay. I was at the game last year in Cookeville when we lost to TN Tech, and that was very embarrasing.

Lipscomb will be a very tough game this year, and I hope that the team makes that game important, despite that it is played during conference season, for the following reasons:

1. We don't need to lose to another in-state school
2. We will get their best.
3. Lipscomb almost knocked out Georgia last year, and a win may actually help get an NCAA bid if we are about 8-9th place in the SEC.

I dont care how you cut it, losing to APSU is not good for Tennessee baseball. Tennessee has to these mid week games. No excuse for losing to them. Its early though so maybe we will get better.

It is all part of the university's goal to disappoint fans of every sport equally. Kind of like the way Petersen would give money you wanted to go to the actual UT to UT-Martin. You have to divide up the badness to be fair. And Austin Peay almost beating Vanderbilt two years ago means about as much as saying that we were in the College World Series a few years ago.

Guy over on VolQuest who is friends with a baseball player said the team practiced from 11:30pm until 3:30am after the loss to APSU.

Unzip The Fly.......Lets Go Peay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice win for the Govs!

The only hire that I have questioned in Mike Hamilton's tenure was that of Todd Raleigh. I mean his WCU teams were alright but I would think we could lure a pretty decent baseball coach here (Coastal Carolina's coach for example). I just don't understand what is going on with these guys. They are truly frustrating :unsure:

VN Store

Back