Vols Come From Behind to Beat Oregon State 5-4

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Volunteers opened their 100th season of baseball with a come-from behind victory in the bottom of the ninth inning to defeat Oregon State 5-4 on Friday afternoon at Robert M. Lindsay Field at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss. :)

:rock: I didn't go because of how cold it was, but I wish I had been there.

Wuss. I kid...

It was a good game besides the temperature. Hernandez started off a little slow but then loosened up a couple innings into it. Tyrelle Harris had a great game. Don't know why Raleigh pulled him when he was doing pretty good. Osbourne is a welcome site at SS. There had been too many errors at SS in the past couple years and he seems to do well. Lets go for win two tomorrow.

Go Vols!

Great win. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car. Then to beat all, I had to leave early and missed all the late inning fun.

seriously, it is great to start off the season with a win. Especially against a team who has been high profile in the sport recently.

seriously, it is great to start off the season with a win. Especially against a team who has been high profile in the sport recently.

Yea, I have a feeling this Tennessee team is going to be scrappy and have a pretty decent year.

I have a good feeling about this team. Dare I say.... winning record? :)

Only a couple more of the late rallies and this team will believe in itself like nothing you've ever seen.

We did that my sophomore year and the belief in rallies and rally caps was damn near David Koresh territory.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wuss. I kid...

It was a good game besides the temperature. Hernandez started off a little slow but then loosened up a couple innings into it. Tyrelle Harris had a great game. Don't know why Raleigh pulled him when he was doing pretty good. Osbourne is a welcome site at SS. There had been too many errors at SS in the past couple years and he seems to do well. Lets go for win two tomorrow.

Go Vols!

Tyrelle was doing great then got into a jam put 2 guys on then Oregon brought in a left handed pinch hitter who was supposed to be pretty awsome, Raleigh brought in there lefty (Locante) for the matchup... this kid has a wicked curve, had him 0-2 then hung one outside and the batter got a perfect placed dink between short and second.... the guy Tyrelle put on came in,but of course you know the rest of the story. Everyone is down on the bullpen after the second game, I dont see it that way. These boys will rise to the occasion you wait and see.

Yes I thought so.... our bullpen struggled on Saturday but they will be fine we have some great upper classmen pitchers and our freshmen are awesome as well ... the ones that I saw anyway.

VN Store

Back